• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• Shut Up Kid

• II Alek II

• severed arow

II Alek II

Connor, you mind zipping up the header and sides and posting it up here so I can use them for right now? These gradient placers aren't very nice to look at anymore. ;)

I'm still coding. Trying to really make sure this is going to look the same across all browsers, resolutions, etc.

severed arow

zipping up the header/sides? i don't even know how 0-o

Havnt you sliced the imagE? each section has to be a separate file
II Alek II

Connor, in the .zip file it contains the website and the placer images. Read the first post in the topic ;)

I C0NN0R I

oh yer it's in pieces, i have layers in PS, but like the sides are just the same part of one big background lol.

I'll sort it out.

btw my question still isn't answered, how do i make a .zip file?

edit: BTW the middle square has a drop shadow, so if i crop it to fit the exact size you lose the drop shadow and it's all gay :\

edit2: The sides also have drop shadows on the top and bottom, same result as that ^

edit3:

Ok, so the middle square was a really awkward width, made it very hard to get even buttons ( can't have half pixel dimensions)

As such i made the middle 619 px wide as opposed to 612. The buttons are also shorter, coz it looks better.

If i upload the .psd to filefront can you crop the individual pieces?

edit:

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6669/pagelayout.png

II Alek II

btw my question still isn't answered, how do i make a .zip file?

Right click a folder, then click on sent to> compressed (zipped) folder.

edit: BTW the middle square has a drop shadow, so if i crop it to fit the exact size you lose the drop shadow and it's all gay :\

Don't worry about the center piece. Only the header, footer, and two sides.

edit2: The sides also have drop shadows on the top and bottom, same result as that ^

I like the shadow work on the sides, but can you still use the "screenshots" incorporated into them, making them semi-transparent with the shadowed sides? That would look very nice imo.

edit3:

Ok, so the middle square was a really awkward width, made it very hard to get even buttons ( can't have half pixel dimensions)

As such i made the middle 619 px wide as opposed to 612. The buttons are also shorter, coz it looks better.

Don't worry about the buttons. I'm taking care of the buttons because that requires a lot of awkward programming.

If i upload the .psd to filefront can you crop the individual pieces?

Sorry, I don't have photoshop or illustrator. :(

I'll try to see if I can rip it soon.

Edit: By the way I love the shadow effects on the footer and header. The layout is looking very professional. Thanks for all your help so far Connor.

I C0NN0R I

I have a friend who liek makes websites with photoshop documents, why don't you download photoshop and do that so i don't have to flatten then crop it?

edit: fml double.

Connor is burning through this project lol, and he's doing a slick job :nice: . But is there anything left to do?

I don't wish to sound like a dick, but ew.

The width of that website content is no where near big enough, and that bottom bar is far too large (in height).

And the 'programmer' is just using tables. What website honestly uses tables for websites nowadays? Everything is, and should be, in CSS, apart from displaying information - as that's what tables are designed for.

A basic IDE package could 'program' that website in 2 seconds...

But I guess if you're having fun.

II Alek II

The width of that website content is no where near big enough, and that bottom bar is far too large (in height).

And the 'programmer' is just using tables. What website honestly uses tables for websites nowadays? Everything is, and should be, in CSS, apart from displaying information - as that's what tables are designed for.

The website is being programmed in css. I even posted up the complete source. I also scripted it by hand. So maybe before you make baseless accusations stating that what I am doing is "using tables", perhaps you shoud get your facts straight.

Also, the style being used is very clean, solid, and attractive. However maybe you should "have fun" using your cookie cutter webpage tools.

:)

Edit: Also the width (1000px) is fine. A lot of monitors still have a width resolution of 1024. However since your the master programmer, you already knew that huh? Also, why bake a wedding cake when we can use instant cake mix... Right?

severed arow

i agree about the css part all website imo should be "programmed" although you dont program a website neither do you script or code it you jsut design and make it lol in css and html and really javascript too for nice novelty features.

But he's doing a nice thing and we shouldnt bag on him at all

keep up the good work :)

II Alek II

i agree about the css part all website imo should be "programmed" although you dont program a website neither do you script or code it you jsut design and make it lol in css and html and really javascript too for nice novelty features.

Read the post above the post you just made. Also download the website with the link I posted. I'm programming it in html and css, by hand.

o0 Thug o0

Read the post above the post you just made. Also download the website with the link I posted. I'm programming it in html and css, by hand.

I didn't check download file but.. 1000px is not fine. you need to consider browser safe area not desktop resolution. it should be 960px wide max.

II Alek II

Thanks for the sticky. I'll be posting a newer version of the website when I get off from college.

did a random graphic for the website. Lol, I guess it would be the header for the members page. Just trying to find stuff Connor isn't already finishing :lol:

Posted Image

Let me know what you think.

II Alek II

I like that stand! I actually have an idea about what to do with graphics like that, although I haven't said anything yet about them because they would be implemented towards the final stages of the project. Good work though!

did a random graphic for the website. Lol, I guess it would be the header for the members page. Just trying to find stuff Connor isn't already finishing :lol:

Posted Image

Let me know what you think.

needs cape :o