• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• Shut Up Kid

• II Alek II

• severed arow

Shut Up Kid

i don't understand any of that lol, the unzip thing, dont bother explaining i will forget within a minute, im prolly going to just make something random to keep myself entertained, see if it can be put to good use

I C0NN0R I

Just to clarify something, you don't expect us to use those gradients do you? coz they're fugly...

II Alek II

No, those are placer sprites. I want you to replace them. I posted up an example of what I would like in terms of the overall image, and how you have to split them up between header, footer, etc.

I C0NN0R I

this is what i've done so far, i tried the eagle, and it looked terrible so i guess i'll leave that idea for someone else to tackle.

Posted Image

I C0NN0R I

I think this one looks fine..

He's not talking about the website, but a homepage so that when you type in www.foe-rs.com it doesn't go streight to the forum.
Creamie pies

I think this one looks fine..

He's not talking about the website, but a homepage so that when you type in www.foe-rs.com it doesn't go streight to the forum.
Ahh, Lilke the other one where the video played? That was pretty cool.
II Alek II

Not bad connor, I like it. Do you think adding in the foe-bird would be cool though? Have the bird white, semi-transparent, with a glow effect?

Edit: Oh wow I love the border thing you did! I tried to explain it earlier and I'm glad you did that. Any plans for the sides?

I C0NN0R I

idk about the sides, maybe have like a pic of FOE massed at like 25% opacity?

I'll try add the bird again, but it looks retarded, coz it cuts off the tips of the wings by heaps.

edit: also when i hide the effects on the buttons it looks as though i'm clicking the button down, want me to add in plain squares for like an effect when u click it?

Also with the text for the buttons, wtf is etc? lol

I C0NN0R I

tbh the buttons i made look way better then those.

so i added text to the buttons, the second button shows what i was talking about b4 like when u click it that appears and looks like it's clicked inwards or something.

Also tried images on the side bars but i think it looks fine just plain.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3114/pagelayout.jpg]

Also, i could make the text in the footer animated and scroll across the button, idk if u can like embed that into the web page?

severed arow

so i added text to the buttons, the second button shows what i was talking about b4 like when u click it that appears and looks like it's clicked inwards or something.

Also, i could make the text in the footer animated and scroll across the button, idk if u can like embed that into the web page?

i said i can make them look differently it was just to show that i can do rollovers and shit

+

i think you should reduce the height on those buttons they look too big

Idiot_Wasabi

i like the big buttons, makes it easier and pretty appealing.

connor you've done a good job  :nice: i havent even started to try anything and you've pretty much done it all

guy in the pic going "wdf...." made me smile  :p

is the bottom border around the main centre image meant to be semi transparent? how does it look without that?

I C0NN0R I

i said i can make them look differently it was just to show that i can do rollovers and shit

+

Alex gave the EXACT sizes for the buttons, because he's already coded them.

+

Looking good so far but personally i think the " ect " button should link directly to FOEtube, Thats my opinion though

I C0NN0R I

+

Looking good so far but personally i think the " ect " button should link directly to FOEtube, Thats my opinion though

I already asked what the etc. tab was for, but got no reply so i just left it like that, also if i change the text then the button won't be the right length :\

you ppl aren't very good at reading 0_o

edit: added random effects to the sides, not sure if that's over doing it maybe.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3114/pagelayout.jpg

II Alek II

Great work so far guys. I am really liking the faded screenies of the foe trips on the sides. If we do go along with that, I have a great idea with it.

How about for every link such as gallery, home, videos, etc., we have different sides?

In terms of the buttons, don't bother with them just yet. Programming them and using graphics for them is a bit different than you would immagine. Save the background you use for the body in a small 12x12 or 16x16, or whatever the smallest size is for a seamless background repeat.

Edit: I just put up those buttons just to show where I will be putting them*

Looking great though, however the footer isn't something what I quite had in mind.

Keep up the great work! I'm very impressed.

severed arow

Great work so far guys. I am really liking the faded screenies of the foe trips on the sides. If we do go along with that, I have a great idea with it.

How about for every link such as gallery, home, videos, etc., we have different sides?

In terms of the buttons, don't bother with them just yet. Programming them and using graphics for them is a bit different than you would immagine. Save the background you use for the body in a small 12x12 or 16x16, or whatever the smallest size is for a seamless background repeat.

Edit: I just put up those buttons just to show where I will be putting them*

Looking great though, however the footer isn't something what I quite had in mind.

Keep up the great work! I'm very impressed.

buttons i made already programmed in html and jscript
I C0NN0R I

Dam those buttons are like my favourite part :( oh well

I dunno who made that background pattern, it'd probably be easier to find out who and get them to send you the pattern.

Uaex V Jad

This has indeed been approved by me. So Id really appreciate if the GFX team would help Alek with everything he needs, any administative work will be done by me. U know where to find pm, drop a pm, i read dayly.

Thanks GFX team.

Uaex V Jad

this is what i've done so far, i tried the eagle, and it looked terrible so i guess i'll leave that idea for someone else to tackle.

Posted Image

very nice, I like this layout.