Anti-Rape Condom

Acclaimed|Jordan

Acclaimed|Jordan

A woman can insert it like a conventional female condom, and it will protect her against sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies. And also against rapists - or so its South African inventor claims. Inside the anti-rape condom are tiny hooks which attach to the skin on penetration, trapping the penis inside. But is this a realistic response to South Africa's culture of violence against women?

Every 26 seconds a woman is raped in South Africa, says Dr Sonnet Ehlers, inventor of the anti-rape condom. The Rape-aXe, as it's called, is inserted with an applicator like a tampon. It then remains in place inside the vagina without the woman being aware of it. Like a conventional female condom, it will stop semen from entering the body, thus acting as a contraceptive and protecting the woman against HIV or other sexually transmitted infections. But there the similarity stops. The Rape-aXe is designed as a weapon against rapists.

Arrest

After penetration, as soon as an attacker withdraws the first time, tiny hooks pierce the skin of the penis. The hooks don't go through to the spongy tissue beneath the skin, so there's no bleeding. Even if any blood is lost, it's contained within the condom, so there's no increased risk of HIV infection. Once the condom is on the penis, according to Dr Ehlers, it's then impossible for the rapist to remove it himself - it's simply too painful and causes too much skin damage. He will be forced to see a medical professional to have it removed - resulting in his inevitable arrest.

Dr Ehlers isn't worried that would-be rapists will think to check their victims for anti-rape condoms:

"I went into prisons, and I spoke to the rapists themselves. Most of them said to me that it would be such a surprise factor... I said 'and will you look for Rape-aXe beforehand?' And they said no because it's a hit and run, you've got to be quick and get away from the scene."

High-risk

It might seem a high-risk strategy to use a device in self-defence which is liable to horrify and enrage a violent attacker, but Dr Ehlers doesn't believe her invention could put women in even greater danger.

"The men are violent already, so I cannot make them more violent with Rape-aXe. And another thing is if they kill their victim, he will be in double trouble. Because he's tagged, he cannot remove it, he's got to go to a hospital, and then he's identified. So now at least he'll be up for rape, and not for murder and rape."

This assumes, of course, that a rapist, finding his penis gripped by invisible needles, will pause to consider the legal ramifications of taking out his anger on his victim. Dr Ehler's website claims that at this point the anti-rape condom "will buy you time to get away". She puts it all down to the benefit of the "surprise factor".

"The moment he looks down - 'what happened to me?' - that gives you time to jump up and run. He cannot run after you. You must remember that it's attached to the penis during erection, and the penis wants to go back to normal, and it can't because it's almost like a splint that's on it now. He cannot urinate, because if he pulls the tip to cut that off so that he can urinate, he pulls the hooks deeper into his body."

Ludicrous

Comments from South African men on the Radio Netherlands Worldwide website raise further concerns that the device is likely to provoke violence. Some responses to the news report on the condom were so misogynistic and offensive they had to be removed from the site. A further concern about the Rape-aXe condom is that it could potentially be used by aggrieved women to take revenge on men.

Prevention

A 2009 study by South Africa's Medical Research Council revealed a chilling picture of male sexual violence in the country. More than a quarter of men questioned in the study confessed to having raped, some of them more than once. The report concludes that "Rape prevention must focus centrally on changing social norms around masculinity and sexual entitlement, and addressing the structural underpinnings of rape."

Dr Ehler's answer is Rape-aXe. And she's currently seeking donations to make 30,000 free anti-rape condoms available to the women of South Africa.

FML I AM GOING TO HAVE BAD DREAMS ABOUT THIS

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Acclaimed|Jordan

• gfdgfd

• Jim

• lntoxicating

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they were invented a while ago tbh, i remember being told about them by a sexual health person who came into school once, which was a few years back o.O whether or not you could get them, or whether or not they would be expensive i dont know. Seems pretty damn fucked up if you ask me. You really think shredding someone's dick up is gonna leave them in a good mood? They're going to want to fucking kill you. I know if i was going to probably go to prison anyway, plus my dick was mutilated, i wouldn't mind killing a bitch. Also the fact that the woman is then going to be lieing there unconscieous with a rapist stuck inside her vagina because he doesnt want to pull out because it'll rip off his cock. The creators really didn't think this through.

Good, im sure bestgore.com wouldnt mind having a few mutilated cock heads on their website especially if the guy deserved it

This condom cant be considered as proof therefore isnt sufficient to arrest a man. Maybe the pic of the guy should be taken, and if the woman comes to the cops perhaps it could work. Sounds too complicated imo

She best get one for her ass too

^

idea is flawed

How is it flawed? He's saying if you dont want to shred your dick you can just assrape them instead.

She best get one for her ass too

^

idea is flawed

How is it flawed? He's saying if you dont want to shred your dick you can just assrape them instead.

as in the condom idea is flawed idiot.

Inside the anti-rape condom are tiny hooks which attach to the skin on penetration, trapping the penis inside.

Whaaaaat?

Hows that gonna work? Just a woman with a nob inside her waiting for the police to come. S'one good way of citizens arrest i spose.

Once the condom is on the penis, according to Dr Ehlers, it's then impossible for the rapist to remove it himself - it's simply too painful and causes too much skin damage. He will be forced to see a medical professional to have it removed

Lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

wait, why the fuck is this old ugly hag worried about getting raped?

honestly thats fucked up, carry mace, or a tazer, even a fucking gun.. but to do that to someone honestly IF i was a rapist, id smash her skull in if my dick got locked inside by that thing, epically if it was STUCK IN HER

severed arow

Inside the anti-rape condom are tiny hooks which attach to the skin on penetration, trapping the penis inside.

Whaaaaat?

Hows that gonna work? Just a woman with a nob inside her waiting for the police to come. S'one good way of citizens arrest i spose.

when its stuck on the rapists dick it slides out dipshit XD (btw not flaming i say dipshit alot dont take it personally)

Scary stuff really, plenty of loopholes really

if you have a female friend that doesn't want you to go to jail and if you can convince then wash the rape axe thingy to get off any proof it was in another woman then liek shove it in her then pretend she is your girlfriend and take her with you and say she forgot to take it off

Whaaaaat?

:lol:
Superioth L

Whaaaaat?

when its stuck on the rapists dick it slides out dipshit XD (btw not flaming i say dipshit alot dont take it personally)

Scary stuff really, plenty of loopholes really

if you have a female friend that doesn't want you to go to jail and if you can convince then wash the rape axe thingy to get off any proof it was in another woman then liek shove it in her then pretend she is your girlfriend and take her with you and say she forgot to take it off

lol i doubt she'd even let you unless she your gf than she gnna beat the fuck out of you for sleeping with another girl