Too old for game?

Down Nh Noobs

Down Nh Noobs

I've been thinking long and hard.  I shouldn't say wasted but I used up a chunk load of my teenage life in video/computer games such as RS/CSS/wc3/sc/ps2 games/ and good ol' N64 games such as banjokazoooi (SP?), smash bros, Zelda orc(w/e the hell u spell it) and stuff like that.

I'm 19 now.. feel pathetic playing RS (no offense to u guys that are old or older than me) but uh is it time for me to move on?  I see it as repetitive and well just embarrasing when people ask me what I do for the most time 4 my free time.

I'd say RS was the game I played most in about 6 years 2+ hours EVERYDAY. 

My life is impacted big time cuz after i get from school all i do is sit my lazy ass on the computer and play nearly all day or do other things on the computer.  However,... I have a pretty decent GPA ~3.25?  And am going to transfer to the best 4 year university where I live.  (garanteed admission).

Now the question is... should i play until I transfer and quit then?  Or move on now and get used to it?  The hardest part is WHAT WILL I DO IF I QUIT?  Like I mentioned before, most of my time was on the computer and well it's not like i get hw to do all day.. And well hanging out with friends isn't fun.. watching movies.. well its alright sometimes. and uhh well.. hmm.

I dunno lemme hear your thoughts.  Don't flame me bcos i said its pathetic that im 19 and i play rs cos i read a thread one time and a 30 year old played.. so what im tryin to say is dont get pissed off and if u do well quit games or w/e thats making u pathetic.

Well go ahead and post *damn i need to sleep its 12:23 AM here gotta wake up at 7 for school goddamn* 

I C0NN0R I

I played up until around when i turned 17, mainly because i needed to study last year of highschool and rs just began to suck with all the newfags/nh/lack of wild etc.

As long as you're life doesn't revolve around the game and u play it strictly for entertainment then why not? and yer i wasted like 4 years of my life playing rs too rofl, sucks :(

banjo kazooie,zelda,SSB ftw =D

It's what I do in spare time (gaming) so it's not effecting nothing. So who cares, as long as your happy.

Weird.. I thought I replied on this topic. Anyways...

You can mever be too old for a game, unless deep down in your heart you know that you

grew out of it, it boreds you, or you have another hobby. Its good to know that rs is not interfering with your school work, which is currently doing for me. However, if you have a lot of spare time, and whatever you want to be entertained, then go for it.

I C0NN0R I

We have the one they call Xx Wik Xx.

We also have the one they call env, he goes around the forums flaming people thinking his life has a meaning and people care what he thinks.

We have the one they call Xx Wik Xx.

We also have the one they call env, he goes around the forums flaming people thinking his life has a meaning and people care what he thinks.

No, the one Env tries his hardest to act like Mr. Ultra, yet fails horribly and either A: Gets ignored by everyone, yet continues to make comments, or B: Gets told how much of a fucking retard he is, yet he once again continues to make fucking idiotic comments at everything.

Mate, theres no reason to quit this game.. just dont play it constantly..

Im 17, and yes I do play it a fair amount of time but theres is so much more room in your life for other stuff..

I play like every sport, gym 5 days a week, college 5 days a week. Rs isnt life.

Btw heres a tip, dont tell people irl you play rs, helps alot.

If peeps ask what your doing later or what you do in most of your free time, just say down the pub gettin pisd.

Well, since iw ent to college (uni) I've got a 4.0 GPA and quit most games together to study. Right now in in a Mathematics program whcih requires a minium GPA of 3.0. I still go pwn noobs at CS:S and on Tiberium wars <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Micro >>>>>>> ALL.

Anyways, do what you feel like doing. Personally, if RS can't better your RL by pleasure or some how getting experience (IE i can type about 50 wpm with my left hand b/c i played generals and tiberium wars and WC3 so much.). Personally, if your in college, go party if your bored like I do.

I know what you mean in the way as when you get older it seems a bit sad as it were to be playing a game designed for kids as it were  and belive me ive thought about it alot ,

but at the end of the day if it keeps your entertained and you enjoy playing it then why not.?

thats what i think anyways because tbf i think rs is possibly the best game ive ever played and i dont think atm  (im 17)

i will quit because i have to much of a laugh playing it, but then i do have an addictive personality and when i do somthing i like to do it all or none at all but thats my view. but i dont think you should quit because of outside sterotypes and critasim do what you want to do not what others think you should do (:

and if you enjoy playing then carry on.

Malik|Astro

Nah don't quit man I am 19 and on the same boat as you I just limited my time to the game and also i got my rl girlfriend into the game and we are doing great. As long as you have fun thats all that should matter should'nt care what people think.

Down Nh Noobs

Hey guys I just read all of your comments was busy with school work and well I just want to say thanks for all the positive advices. 

Yeah I'm not going to quit RS not sure when but I am limiting my play time and now am doing other things instead of no lifing RS which seems to help a lot. 

:nice:

Tom (Rendition)

Im 17 which is faily old I guess, just play when you are bored, don't let runescape get in the way of a social life though.

Quit, I did and it's the best thing you can do. I just lurk the off topic and clan ally boards  :hash:

Don't listen to him!

Yeah, i know what you mean, im 17 and i feel kinda old playing it.  Do it till you dont like it anymore, than stop, no more, no less.  I feel myself quitting soon, cuz everytime i get on i dislike the game more and more :S 

Well, since iw ent to college (uni) I've got a 4.0 GPA and quit most games together to study. Right now in in a Mathematics program whcih requires a minium GPA of 3.0. I still go pwn noobs at CS:S and on Tiberium wars <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Micro >>>>>>> ALL.

Anyways, do what you feel like doing. Personally, if RS can't better your RL by pleasure or some how getting experience (IE i can type about 50 wpm with my left hand b/c i played generals and tiberium wars and WC3 so much.). Personally, if your in college, go party if your bored like I do.

Sup Joseph hit me up on msn sometime we needa play CSS sometime.

Anyway I'm kinda like you, diggin the n64 super smash bros and Zelda Ocarina (best game of all time). I'm 16 now with 4.0 gpa but honestly I don't see me quiting runescape much less video games all together anytime soon.