intu

Should FOE accept 20 def?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should FOE accept 20 def?

• Yes
    • No

18 hours ago, Freecandy said:

Sure FOE was historically 20 def for a long time

I'd never get it, and wouldn't encourage it, but don't see why members can't be accepted with it bc this ^^. Can allow it without forcing every member to get it and ruin their accounts. 

Edited by Russ|Devil

Its a real shame seeing the pure scene go back down this road, 2016 was probably the best year of clanning we've had since oldschool release and it was largely due to the fact that everyone was 1 def. It makes the scene so much more accessible to new clanners because their lvl 70 g mauler isn't rendered useless in a sea of lvl 100s in mith and addy and fights are undeniably more fun for obvious reasons.

The two main arguments I've seen for bringing back 20 def are: 

1. Clans historically always allowed 20 def

2. Lower tier clans need it to catch up and even the playing field against those of us at the top

My thoughts:

1. Clans allowed 20 def to accommodate initiate pures which were popular 1v1 pking builds back in the day but I think this is redundant now. No one is making init pures for 1v1 anymore, especially people who are already in clans on maxed 1 def pures - the people training 20 def accounts are doing it for the clan and for an advantage over the competition which brings me to point 2.

2. We've proven we don't need this advantage, I can't speak for everyone but I know I'm personally bored by the lack of a challenge being presented to us on weekends, if you put me back on a maxed 20 def 99 pray account I could literally kill these clans in my sleep. It might be necessary in the future if an equivalent to TLP came along; in our prime we had a 130 man ML with 80 level 100+ accounts even FOE didn't want a piece of that in F2P but I really can't see another clan putting together the same level of quality whilst also being able to maintain the numbers to compete with us. This is especially unlikely because so many of the people that made TLP great are in FOE now and even when RG tried to reopen TLP we all decided to stay here.

Edited by Dean
On 7/30/2019 at 12:16 AM, Purp said:

I posted this in senior boards already, but the short answer is yes.

59a8c238021d9f61a960433d7108e19c.png

That's like comparing 25, 70, and 99. Sure, 25 is more 

On 7/30/2019 at 12:30 AM, Jensen said:

1-5 for wilderness 25 for clw

This is tolerable

On 7/30/2019 at 1:11 AM, Steve said:

No

❤️