Erik
Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Rate the last series you watched

`Ben

I know we have a topic like this dedicated to movies but I thought a similar topic for series you've all recently watched could help others find material that will entertain them through those long grinds. 

Stranger Things (slow to the party, I know) - 7.5/10 - I'd give the first series a solid 8.5 but the second series was a lot of the same and I found it relatively repetitive. 

Started watching Homeland which looks promising 5 episodes in! Will reply with a rating the further in I get.

Please feel free to try to summarise what each series is about so that others may decide if they want to watch them but please, NO SPOILERS - try your best to not to ruin things for others! 

umbrella academy 6.5/10 wouldnt watch it on its own but it was fine to have on the side while i scaped, prob watch s2

Edited by Dean
7 minutes ago, Dean said:

umbrella academy 6.5/10 wouldnt watch it on its own but it was fine to have on the side while i scaped, prob watch s2

Didn’t like that series at all, it was like watching paint dry.

Just finished second series of White Gold, would recommend, first series on Uk Netflix, it has Jay and Simon from the inbetweeners and is quite similar in terms of humour.

Just now, Jack said:

Just finished second series of White Gold, would recommend, first series on Uk Netflix, it has Jay and Simon from the inbetweeners and is quite similar in terms of humour.

Didn't realise that they made the second series, i binged the first series in two days when it first came out on BBC iPlayer.

1 minute ago, `Ben said:

Didn't realise that they made the second series, i binged the first series in two days when it first came out on BBC iPlayer.

Second series is on iPlayer atm ? 

Bates Motel 9/10. Gotta watch first few episodes to get into it but after that its just really good imo. If you like Thriller/drama series this is the one for you brothers.

18 minutes ago, Jack said:

Yeah it didn't hold up at all compared to the other Netflix super hero stuff but I guess this is what they're stuck with now if they have to ditch all the Marvel shows.

I watched the whole S1 of Knightfall newly and it was pretty damn good. I'd give S1 8/10, very entertaining and kinda like GoT  it builds up to the end. Episodes of S2 has just started rolling out, can't wait to watch it. Also watched this German serie called 8 days which was pretty sick and different. It's a mix between action/drama and is about a couple diff families and what they do when a big meteorit is about to hit Europe. 8/10 for that one too. 

1 hour ago, Utc said:

Watched the documentary about Madeleine McCann (8 episodes or something and each one is like 50 mins) and it was so interesting i'd give it a 9/10

This was good indeed. 

Homeland is a good one, really captivating the first couple seasons, then kind of falls off imo.

Watched Game of Thrones on HBO all the way through recently, 9/10 series.

The Order on Netflix - 6/10

YOU on Netflix - 8/10

The Ozarks on Netflix - 8/10

Unsolved on Netflix - 9/10 It's about the Tupac & Biggie Smalls unsolved cases, real actors portray their murders, the events leading up to them, and attempts to solve them.

Edited by Uzi

i've been watching umbrella academy too. first ep really drew me in but the next 3-4 were slow as fuck and nothing has happened, i'll prob still finish the season tho.

1 hour ago, Enjoyable said:

Sons of Anarchy, never seen it before. i like it tho 9/10.

I finished SoA recently, pretty good but some later seasons were not the best

How to get Away with Murder-9/10. The suspense is crazy, pretty damn good acting. They just added season 5 to Netflix too. Highly suggest watching it. The title says it all.

Edited by Kevyn

the walking dead for the 2nd time, first 3-4 seasons are 8/10, after that i find some episodes very good but dragged out

1 hour ago, Tony said:

been rewatching dexter, 9/10

Finished Dexter recently. It gets pretty repetitive, but nonetheless a good series. 7/10 in my book

Before anyone calls me an anime freak...

I'm rewatching Naruto Shippuden 8.5/10

You - 9/10

Maddie McCann - 7.5/10 (Was put together well, but the middle episodes kind of bored me out)

Love, Death, Robots - 8/10 (It’s a new anthology on Netflix, so each episode is a standalone story ranging from 7-16 minutes long)