1. whats the max qp you can get on a pure

2. whats the max blocks u can get on a pure 

you've prob already answered this and if so then soz my man

19 minutes ago, melholland said:

ayo 

1. whats the max qp you can get on a pure

2. whats the max blocks u can get on a pure 

you've prob already answered this and if so then soz my man

Sup Mel, to answer your questions; the max qp is above 200 for pures. Think it is around 207 atm. That means you are able to block 4 tasks in total if you ever think of maxing out quests on your 1 defence pure.

1 minute ago, L3thal Combo said:

Sup Mel, to answer your questions; the max qp is above 200 for pures. Think it is around 207 atm. That means you are able to block 4 tasks in total if you ever think of maxing out quests on your 1 defence pure.

would prob be worth for the sake of the grind n to look like a sickcunt

11 hours ago, melholland said:

would prob be worth for the sake of the grind n to look like a sickcunt

It would make you look like a sickcunt yes haha. On the other hand though. I think due to the fact you have to quest to make your pure "complete", read; all necessary items and requirements, you should be close to 100 qp. I would have to count the hours spent questing to actually know if it's worth it or not. I will eventually have 150 to block three for sure, but for now I am good at 109 with two blocks.

great post mate, have been thinking about starting slayer on my baby pure (to train ranged/strength efficiently and to unlock the leaf-bladed sword) and this is easily the best guide i've found for lower level pures - that being said, would you change your block list at all for lower combat stat accounts (e.g. 50 attack 80 ranged)?

3 minutes ago, 8pint said:

great post mate, have been thinking about starting slayer on my baby pure (to train ranged/strength efficiently and to unlock the leaf-bladed sword) and this is easily the best guide i've found for lower level pures - that being said, would you change your block list at all for lower combat stat accounts (e.g. 50 attack 80 ranged)?

Sup Joe, thank you for the reply on my thread bro. It is a big read and I appreciate it that you took the time to explore the post. To answer your question; I had Cave Crawlers and Iron Dragons on my block list since ever actually. Inefficient to go to cave crawlers, xp and money wise. On a low level a metal dragon task will take you ages as well. Even with 99 range I am stuck down there for quite some time. So I think they are both good blocks. Although cave crawlers do not have a high number (weight) on Chaeldar's assignment table you will get the task way too frequently from that fairy. This is what my advice would be. It is also a matter of preference tbh. I don't think there is a best block list, it's very personal imo.

9 hours ago, L3thal Combo said:

It would make you look like a sickcunt yes haha. On the other hand though. I think due to the fact you have to quest to make your pure "complete", read; all necessary items and requirements, you should be close to 100 qp. I would have to count the hours spent questing to actually know if it's worth it or not. I will eventually have 150 to block three for sure, but for now I am good at 109 with two blocks.

more for the sake of enjoying the grind rather than efficiency

47 minutes ago, L3thal Combo said:

Sup Joe, thank you for the reply on my thread bro. It is a big read and I appreciate it that you took the time to explore the post. To answer your question; I had Cave Crawlers and Iron Dragons on my block list since ever actually. Inefficient to go to cave crawlers, xp and money wise. On a low level a metal dragon task will take you ages as well. Even with 99 range I am stuck down there for quite some time. So I think they are both good blocks. Although cave crawlers do not have a high number (weight) on Chaeldar's assignment table you will get the task way too frequently from that fairy. This is what my advice would be. It is also a matter of preference tbh. I don't think there is a best block list, it's very personal imo.

fair enough mate, i'll prob message you on TS when I start slayer anyway but I appreciate the guide and the detailed response <3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BabylonBC said:

there's a wilderness slayer master?

You take that gear into the wilderness?

There is a Wilderness Slayer master indeed. Her name is Krystilia and she can be found in Edgeville. For further information I would suggest you read the thread thoroughly. 

I've added a "Early stages" part to the original post. Since you've asked for it directly here it is:

~~ Wildy Task Early stage set up ~~

Since this thread is mainly about regular Slayer I will specifically go into detail for the start up. Because of the fact all tasks will be needed to be done in the Wilderness I would suggest on bringing the following set up:

5a460fc2f0c55_Wildyrangesetup.png.0dd609b518f534cdc49537238836f7cf.png

On the left you see a common Ranger outfit that is not able to afford a Blowpipe. I do highly recommend a blowpipe but there is always an alternative. Bring whatever kind of bolt you want to bring (mithril is pretty decent and low on cost). If able to afford a blowpipe always use it. 

- Why is there no melee set up?

The reason why I left out the melee set up is because it is not efficient to bring Sabre or Dragon Scimitar since most pures on low level have not obtained protection prayers yet. The second reason for this is the fact that you want to safespot most of the tasks in the trees or behind graves or stalagmites.

1 hour ago, L3thal Combo said:

There is a Wilderness Slayer master indeed. Her name is Krystilia and she can be found in Edgeville. For further information I would suggest you read the thread thoroughly. 

I've added a "Early stages" part to the original post. Since you've asked for it directly here it is:

~~ Wildy Task Early stage set up ~~

Since this thread is mainly about regular Slayer I will specifically go into detail for the start up. Because of the fact all tasks will be needed to be done in the Wilderness I would suggest on bringing the following set up:

5a460fc2f0c55_Wildyrangesetup.png.0dd609b518f534cdc49537238836f7cf.png

On the left you see a common Ranger outfit that is not able to afford a Blowpipe. I do highly recommend a blowpipe but there is always an alternative. Bring whatever kind of bolt you want to bring (mithril is pretty decent and low on cost). If able to afford a blowpipe always use it. 

- Why is there no melee set up?

The reason why I left out the melee set up is because it is not efficient to bring Sabre or Dragon Scimitar since most pures on low level have not obtained protection prayers yet. The second reason for this is the fact that you want to safespot most of the tasks in the trees or behind graves or stalagmites.

You could have told me to fuck off/google but damn you actually gave me a thorough reply. Thanks my dude yous a real one

9 minutes ago, BabylonBC said:

You could have told me to fuck off/google but damn you actually gave me a thorough reply. Thanks my dude yous a real one

Haha, that's true. I think most would have but since this thread has its purpose I would be happy to help other people out. If you ever have anything you want to know. Pm on forums, osrs or ts. 

So if Krystilia gives better tasks, better xp, and more points, why even go to Chaledar especially as a pure? Just because of not getting wildy tasks?

11 hours ago, BabylonBC said:

So if Krystilia gives better tasks, better xp, and more points, why even go to Chaledar especially as a pure? Just because of not getting wildy tasks?

Haha Babylon, I haven't said anything about better xp. For early stages you want to rush through the wildy tasks due to the fact you need a ton of points to cancel certain tasks. Krystilia doesn't give better tasks overall. Since you can wear maxed gear for regular slayer which will result in much better slayer xp and combat xp. Wildy tasks only for early levels and early unlocks/points to make regular slayer worth it asap.

Edited by L3thal Combo
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 2ha said:

nice topic bro, I'll follow it as I do slayer on my own pures

Thank you, I will be updating this thread whenever I found new topics to add or certain things to edit.

11 hours ago, Gaji/Boss said:

Nice guide bro, will be using once I go for 99 slay 

Thank you for checking it out Boss. Good luck on the base 80's. If you find anything throughout your 99 slayer grind that could be of an addition to this thread, let me know!

• 2 weeks later...