[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Training while boosting Castle Wars tickets

Yodel

I'm just finishing off my 380 ticket Castle Wars grind, and it only dawned on my towards the end of my 19 hours how much xp I potentially wasted.

This isn't really going to be a 'guide' per se, but a little advice for minimising xp loss while grinding those tickets. Some people would rather just afk it, which is fine and all - but if you'd rather be doing something else here are a few options :)

Assuming you have found 4 properly set up castle wars worlds for your boost, you will end up spending 5 minutes waiting in the lobby after collecting tickets each game to restart the game before hopping. There is absolutely no reason to wait in the lobby for this period (provided there are at least 2 people on each team.) The second you come out of one game and collect your tickets, start a stopwatch for 5 minutes. You have this entire period to train whatever skills you want.

The easiest options are Crafting (walk to the bank and cut gems for the 5 minutes), Herblore (same, make dranks), Magic (Cast Spells @ bank), Fletching and Cooking (make fire @ bank). It's also entirely possible to train runecrafting (run to the bank, withdraw ess + pouches, and do fire rune trips to duel arena), Construction (Same shit, use house pouches and duel arena to bank) and Farming (provided you can efficiently complete each run within the 5 minute window). Firemaking is also possible inside the castle wars building.

If done right, and if you're paying attention to your stopwatch you can essentially train for around 49 minutes in each hour - which allows for some pretty handy gains to be had. It's nice to be able to train almost anything @ 5/6th efficiency while gaining tickets.

I realise this is kinda just common sense, but considering there was a rank 25 overall boosting tickets with us and wasting xp until I mentioned this, hopefully it'll help at least a few of you. Good luck!

Edited by Yodel