Any suggestions to help improve myself even more?

BobbyG

I've been cutting since last February(Use to weigh 343lbs now down to 280lbs) I never actually followed a diet just kinda tracked my caloric in-take (tried to keep it under 2500/day) Anyways, what I've been doing is every week I'll head to the store and buy my weekly meals which include Chicken, Sweet Potato, and broccoli. I'll eat about 12oz of Chicken, 1 Cup of broccoli, and a sweet potato, for dinner. For lunch I'll have either a turkey sandwich, which consists of two strips on wheat or tuna fish(with just a little bit of mayonnaise) and for breakfast I'll have an egg and turkey bacon sandwich. I drink only water, nothing else. So that's the basic jist of what I do, here's my routine.

• Wake up at 6AM
  • Go to the gym; (get on the elliptical for 10 minutes and get my heart pumping and blood flowing, start my sprints, then depending on what day it is I'll start my muscle building exercise, after all that I get on the treadmill and jog for 21minutes with an app on my phone called Couch25k
  • After I'm done with the gym, I'll head home and take a shower, afterwards making myself an egg-turkey bacon sandwich on weat
  • I'll head to class at about 8:30AM to 2PM 
  • Once I get home I'll make myself either a tuna-fish sandwich or turkey sandwich to eat
  • After lunch i'll either do some homework, chill around the house, or longboard(not often right now)
  • At 8Pm I'll head to bed to start everything over again

So that's my basic routine, I'm wondering if any of you guys can spot something that I'm missing out on that might be benefical to my goal and weight-loss that I'm not performing.

What are you doing on the treadmill? Just jogging the whole time or alternating jogging/sprinting?

You should jog 2 mins sprint 1 min etc so on etc..

What are you doing on the treadmill? Just jogging the whole time or alternating jogging/sprinting?

2 mins - 1 min is too big an interval, should be like 30s really.

if you're struggling to lose any more then up your cardio (20 mins is pretty futile unless you're doing HIIT) and heighten the intensity of your weight training. rather than eating sandwiches get your carbs from rice/sweet pot or even oats if you're too lazy to cook.

are you cooking your eggs/bacon/meats in general in fats?

this guy's workout is 5 hours of league of legends with 2 minute stakes at the duely

If your calorie tracking is on point then it'll be your exercise intensity.  Is your progress in terms of weights and cardiovascular activity linear?  Are you going up on your weights? Are you able to perform more reps?  Can you run on the treadmill for longer or faster for distance?  Track your workouts. Strive for progressive overload.

If your calorie tracking or maintenance is off then I'd first ask how sedentary are you?  How tall are you?  Your current calories could be too high for your lifestyle and body structure.  What are your calories composed of macro wise? Are you eating a sufficient amount of protein and fats vs carbohydrates?   

My suggestions would be the following:

Work towards progressive overload.  Always aim for a few less seconds per a mile on the treadmill or amp up the cardio and do HIIT.  The same applies for weights.  Aim to go up weight wise on machine/free weight exercises, aim to do more reps and possibly more sets.

Diet side of things I would say make sure firstly you're getting a minimum of 150-160g of protein a day.  Possibly more since you're quite a heavy lad.  The next step following this would be to reverse diet down your current 2500 calories.  Drop the calories down 100 calories a week, (25g of carbs)  until you notice a loss of weight.  I wouldn't go below 2000 calories or drop suddenly 

Edited by Tris

this guy's workout is 5 hours of league of legends with 2 minute stakes at the duely

Nice 99 herblore

Nice 99 herblore

Nice 8b... wait nevermind

no rush,

with a body weight that high you don't want to sit around with a saggy ball bag from your stomach after weight loss

Train hard with a lot of weights, make sure you work your core regularly and keep to cardio twice a week or so.

Dont go under 2200 calories. until your around 200 lbs.

gotta agree with walli here

not sure what you're actually asking here tho

you want to lose more weight? or u feel like you're not doing something right?

tl;dr run more eat less

low weight high reps

• 3 weeks later...

LOLOL