any medical guru's?

Brad

slipped a disk in my lower back, physio reckons i'll be out of training for 8-12 weeks.. has any-one experienced this/have knowledge on healing time? i don't want to be out of training for 2 fucking months i'll end up hanging myself. broke my arm last year and was told it'd be 6 months before i could train again and i was back in the gym in 8 weeks so was hoping for a similar result this time around

that must be tough, are you blasting and cruising or cycling?

if your B&C'ing np just chill out for abit and go back in a few weeks and avoid anything that will aggravate the injury.

i would just go do CT fletcher arms everyday babbbeeeeee tuna ramen gains. 

semi srs

Chiropractor or a physio will help immensely for putting the disc back into place.

You'll have a weakness there from now on, but you can easily manage it

Rangep00npkr

Is physio a doctor?

As far as I know, disc herniations do not heal on their own. I don't know why he said 8-12 weeks but if that's true, listen to him. 2 months is nothing compared to 20 years.

Ready Ok FOE

how long are you planning to live? seriously your back is precious. if you need to wait 8 weeks just do 6 and see how it goes. Don't go too hard in the paint or you'll end up having injury for who knows the rest of your life

Chiropractor or a physio will help immensely for putting the disc back into place.

You'll have a weakness there from now on, but you can easily manage it

undergoing physio at the moment paid for by insurance. hoping they can sort it within 6 weeks really, they've put me in for 3 sessions a week so surely it can't take that long?

that must be tough, are you blasting and cruising or cycling?

if your B&C'ing np just chill out for abit and go back in a few weeks and avoid anything that will aggravate the injury.

i would just go do CT fletcher arms everyday babbbeeeeee tuna ramen gains. 

semi srs

i've been off for 14 weeks now lol

Glad someone else on this forum has this problem. As I was about to make a topic a few days ago again. Refer to my old topic in march.

http://www.foe-rs.com/forums/topic/96377-need-opinionsback-problems/

If you smoke weed, you can get a medical marihuana card, as I got mine. And the weed helps that I can relax without worrying bout the pain when I laid down before I slept wrong the other day.. Street weed makes it hurt too much haha. Find a doctor who can get you medical marihuana and you'll feel so much more relieved. 

Tell the doctor you can't eat, you get anxiety, you can't sleep because of the herniated disc messing with you. You will get it without a doubt.

Get an MRI ASAP. 

Okay listen, you just got yours. I've had mine for a year exactly in two weeks. L4-L5 disc pinches my nerve. I know you can imagine my pain I am in. But it's gotten worse three days ago so you haven't experienced my current pain yet, and I hope you don't I feel like crying at times, but I simply won't give in to that pitiful downfall.

I got the herniated disc by stretching out on the floor about a year ago. After work I decided to lay on the floor and do some stretches and I felt a pop/grindy feeling. 

After that I couldn't sit down for more than an hour or two without being a hunch back. It's pretty brutal. Considering I've had this pain for a year it has drowned me in depression, suicidal tendencies. I cannot normally or more than couple yards without having to do a stretch then continue walking. I cannot sit at the table to eat. I have to lay on my back and eat, which is obviously no good. I cannot take a shit properly, I mean I can but when it comes down to wiping I just cannot CANNOT move my right arm around just to dig and wipe. I got to stand up and put my right leg on the bath tub ledge and wipe my ass but then again it's really hard it smears the poop near my ball sack, then I gotta use a face cloth to clean my ass. I cannot lift the toilet seat up without using some sort of item to lift it for me, then I awkwardly position myself just to sit down and then the pain sets in with my shit coming out but I have to endure it. It took 10 hours before I slept wrong to be able to stand tall and walk normally but still had the nerve pinch at times if I sat down to long. Now after I slept wrong it doesn't help nothing lol I'm physically fucked for now. 

Three days ago I slept wrong and now my hip bone feels like it is locked on my left side of the waist more than it is center. And now taking a shit is so painful, uncomfortable, and awkward. Having a shower is just brutal I literally grunt and yell from the pain but I have to endure it. I feel like crying sometimes. I've been considering suicide as a second option over surgery as a third.  My first option is Physiotherapy but then again I can't even afford it. I just had my first session today and I was in and out, they had me sitting in a chair waiting for the instructor, then I was struggling to stand up then I felt like collapsing, as my torso leans more on the left like the tilted building. I literally grunted ' fuck ' in front of everyone.

I got an MRI 3 months ago showed pinched L4-L5 disc. I got an x-ray as well but showed nothing and that was 4 months ago.  Since I slept wrong I think I may need another x'ray to see how my spine is now. I do get a prescription of Gabapentin's 300MG, but they do not help so I just sell them for a dollar a piece. I asked my doctor for Gabapentin 600MG, he prescribed me that but when I went to the pharmaceutical they gave me 204 300MG. I think they did it on purpose. So yes, a year of this pain with no medications. I haven't exercised the whole year because the pain is too much, but since I'm feeling so depressed/suicidal I have no choice but to handle the brutal pain. It locks me in certain positions whether im standing up or laying in bed or trying to stand up from the floor. Then I get a shock up my torso and down my buttocks to my left leg to my heel. Since you like to work out, it'd probably be easier for you to do the exercises because you have the muscles more than I most likely do. 

As I live in Canada with free health care I'm only allowed 4 sessions of physiotherapy, one was used today. and I got another next week, Tuesday and Thursday.  

I've been through a homeless struggle in the past year which I lost my ID's and I've moved provinces and it took 3 months just to get a health card but I went through some shit and had to move back to my previous province. So that was 8 months gone to waste, the past 4 I've just been in bed being a waste of human life. I don't know how it is in the UK, but after my free sessions are up I cannot afford to pay 60$ CAD for sessions at therapy. Maybe you could afford the sessions there. 

I suggest you not do surgery and chiropractors.

Surgery, I've searched online countless times only to be disappointed from peoples results 1+ years down the road some even 15 years with pain from the healing process being so poorly that the scar tissue pushes on their nerves. I have a friend here who has had this pain for over 20 years because his scar tissue healed wrong and pushes on his nerve just as if the disc was. If you work out, I also do not suggest it because you'd have rods and or they'd cut off half of the disc, you'd have half of a disc. You'll be more prone to injury as I'm sure you dead lift. He's been using a cane just to get around. Me I refuse to use a cane as I'm only 22, 23 in 2 weeks. 

Chiropractors is just a temporary fix as I've had friends tell me. Don't do it you'll be prone to more injury.

Stick with physiotherapy for a year, apply for disability/welfare as you'll be out of commission for a year. Try sleeping on the floor sometimes. I'm gonna try to sleep on the floor tonight to see if it helps straighten my spine out as if I didn't sleep wrong the other day. But I most likely won't help but I gotta try.. 

I'll post pictures of the workouts my instructor gives me, I'll show you one I got today. I was an Ironworker before this herniated disc happened, you know the steel you place and tie before the concrete workers pour. yeah.. you can imagine the physical strength you need to do that. This post seems all over the place but yeah.. If you feel like talking more on this as you situation worsens or progresses PM me. Like I said do not kill yourself over yours, you just got it. It'll be easier to get fixed than mine. I feel like killing myself every day every moment just to be free from this hellish pain. It also doesn't help that I get cramps in my rib cage area and my waist when I exercise or move around, I sweat constantly if I do try move and I moan, grunt, swear from this. 

tnfnxu.jpg

Edited by Akahana

slipped disk? i know two people who have done this and recovered fully a year later. They gym hard everyday now. But still its a long road to recovery m8, goodluck :)

Glad someone else on this forum has this problem. As I was about to make a topic a few days ago again. Refer to my old topic in march.

If you smoke weed, you can get a medical marihuana card, as I got mine. And the weed helps that I can relax without worrying bout the pain when I laid down before I slept wrong the other day.. Street weed makes it hurt too much haha. Find a doctor who can get you medical marihuana and you'll feel so much more relieved. 

Tell the doctor you can't eat, you get anxiety, you can't sleep because of the herniated disc messing with you. You will get it without a doubt.

Get an MRI ASAP. 

Okay listen, you just got yours. I've had mine for a year exactly in two weeks. L4-L5 disc pinches my nerve. I know you can imagine my pain I am in. But it's gotten worse three days ago so you haven't experienced my current pain yet, and I hope you don't I feel like crying at times, but I simply won't give in to that pitiful downfall.

I got the herniated disc by stretching out on the floor about a year ago. After work I decided to lay on the floor and do some stretches and I felt a pop/grindy feeling. 

After that I couldn't sit down for more than an hour or two without being a hunch back. It's pretty brutal. Considering I've had this pain for a year it has drowned me in depression, suicidal tendencies. I cannot normally or more than couple yards without having to do a stretch then continue walking. I cannot sit at the table to eat. I have to lay on my back and eat, which is obviously no good. I cannot take a shit properly, I mean I can but when it comes down to wiping I just cannot CANNOT move my right arm around just to dig and wipe. I got to stand up and put my right leg on the bath tub ledge and wipe my ass but then again it's really hard it smears the poop near my ball sack, then I gotta use a face cloth to clean my ass. I cannot lift the toilet seat up without using some sort of item to lift it for me, then I awkwardly position myself just to sit down and then the pain sets in with my shit coming out but I have to endure it. It took 10 hours before I slept wrong to be able to stand tall and walk normally but still had the nerve pinch at times if I sat down to long. Now after I slept wrong it doesn't help nothing lol I'm physically fucked for now. 

Three days ago I slept wrong and now my hip bone feels like it is locked on my left side of the waist more than it is center. And now taking a shit is so painful, uncomfortable, and awkward. Having a shower is just brutal I literally grunt and yell from the pain but I have to endure it. I feel like crying sometimes. I've been considering suicide as a second option over surgery as a third.  My first option is Physiotherapy but then again I can't even afford it. I just had my first session today and I was in and out, they had me sitting in a chair waiting for the instructor, then I was struggling to stand up then I felt like collapsing, as my torso leans more on the left like the tilted building. I literally grunted ' fuck ' in front of everyone.

I got an MRI 3 months ago showed pinched L4-L5 disc. I got an x-ray as well but showed nothing and that was 4 months ago.  Since I slept wrong I think I may need another x'ray to see how my spine is now. I do get a prescription of Gabapentin's 300MG, but they do not help so I just sell them for a dollar a piece. I asked my doctor for Gabapentin 600MG, he prescribed me that but when I went to the pharmaceutical they gave me 204 300MG. I think they did it on purpose. So yes, a year of this pain with no medications. I haven't exercised the whole year because the pain is too much, but since I'm feeling so depressed/suicidal I have no choice but to handle the brutal pain. It locks me in certain positions whether im standing up or laying in bed or trying to stand up from the floor. Then I get a shock up my torso and down my buttocks to my left leg to my heel. Since you like to work out, it'd probably be easier for you to do the exercises because you have the muscles more than I most likely do. 

As I live in Canada with free health care I'm only allowed 4 sessions of physiotherapy, one was used today. and I got another next week, Tuesday and Thursday.  

I've been through a homeless struggle in the past year which I lost my ID's and I've moved provinces and it took 3 months just to get a health card but I went through some shit and had to move back to my previous province. So that was 8 months gone to waste, the past 4 I've just been in bed being a waste of human life. I don't know how it is in the UK, but after my free sessions are up I cannot afford to pay 60$ CAD for sessions at therapy. Maybe you could afford the sessions there. 

Surgery, I've searched online countless times only to be disappointed from peoples results 1+ years down the road some even 15 years with pain from the healing process being so poorly that the scar tissue pushes on their nerves. I have a friend here who has had this pain for over 20 years because his scar tissue healed wrong and pushes on his nerve just as if the disc was. If you work out, I also do not suggest it because you'd have rods and or they'd cut off half of the disc, you'd have half of a disc. You'll be more prone to injury as I'm sure you dead lift. He's been using a cane just to get around. Me I refuse to use a cane as I'm only 22, 23 in 2 weeks. 

Chiropractors is just a temporary fix as I've had friends tell me. Don't do it you'll be prone to more injury.

Stick with physiotherapy for a year, apply for disability/welfare as you'll be out of commission for a year. Try sleeping on the floor sometimes. I'm gonna try to sleep on the floor tonight to see if it helps straighten my spine out as if I didn't sleep wrong the other day. But I most likely won't help but I gotta try.. 

I'll post pictures of the workouts my instructor gives me, I'll show you one I got today. I was an Ironworker before this herniated disc happened, you know the steel you place and tie before the concrete workers pour. yeah.. you can imagine the physical strength you need to do that. This post seems all over the place but yeah.. If you feel like talking more on this as you situation worsens or progresses PM me. Like I said do not kill yourself over yours, you just got it. It'll be easier to get fixed than mine. I feel like killing myself every day every moment just to be free from this hellish pain. It also doesn't help that I get cramps in my rib cage area and my waist when I exercise or move around, I sweat constantly if I do try move and I moan, grunt, swear from this. 

tnfnxu.jpg

u just scared the sht outa me

Get an MRI ASAP. 

tnfnxu.jpg

Atleast you got to know from someone else who has been suffering for a year. Instead of getting your typical replies previously before I replied.

Get an MRI ASAP. 

tnfnxu.jpg

Atleast you got to know from someone else who has been suffering for a year. Instead of getting your typical replies previously before I replied.

how bad is it? is your upper or lower back? my physio seemed to think 3 months recovery time, whys yours seem so much more substantial? 

Get an MRI ASAP. 

tnfnxu.jpg

how bad is it? is your upper or lower back? my physio seemed to think 3 months recovery time, whys yours seem so much more substantial? 

Mine is very bad, considering im a grown man that wants to cry from the pain. getting out of bed is a stupid lookin process, i turn then freeze from the pain, feel likje collapsing, i cant shower, i cant wipe my ass, i cannot walk, i look retarded walking tilted building, then i pause and try reposition myself and it hurts but when i do i cannot walk. i cant get comfy when i lay down, like right now. im twisting and turning i cannot get comfy it's a constant pain. 3 days ago i didnt feel this but after sleeping wrong im fucked up like a cripple.  i have had this for a year so mines worse than yours ccause i havent done anythin to help myself.  until today. my surgery is in august but im gonna dip out on it. seriously im in so much fuckin pain right now man and im laying down, idk if you're sitting in a chair or laying down

Edited by Akahana

watch this, i teared from his face in pain. i felt it, but i wouldnt do a chiropractor, look when the doc hits his back

http://damn.com/backpain/

i look like him but tilted to the left with a twist, if i got pushed by someone ill fukin ball my eyes out

Edited by Akahana