Do FOE members find it acceptable to "bot" ?

FOE wannabe

so, I've been browsing multiple forums, including;

here

official

MM.

VH.

sythe.

and it appears to me (discounting sythe ofcourse) that many supposed "legitimate" players bot and talk about botting, not to mention the fact that i have found many "respectable" players botting.blatantly.

and yes, that includes FOE members, but I wont name any names, in case people were trying it for the first time or w/e.

so, with it being seemingly acceptable, what do you feel, if anything in regards to this practice.

post away.

EDIT: considering the first post, try to be serious please. unless that WAS serious :S

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkidooosH

• Haxed Pk

• FOE wannabe

• I Has Lag

Im sure most people have tried botting on some crap lvl 3 account they made to try it out, only few people do it on a good account, and they normally start flaming like hell when they get banned for it, tip ive heard:

Around 96 woodcutting you get banned, so something like this is most likely implemented on other skills to, imo its pointless rather then a little bit of fun you do for awhile but then cba to do, like private servers :P

By no means does FOE encourage botting. You should understand that right away..however we don't punish people for botting. Granted if they're botting on their FOE account, we might deem the a retard, especially when the Jagex bans hit. Bot if you want to, but no the risks. I personally wouldn't suggest it.

so you do think it is acceptable?, and, by cheap bot do you mean free-autoclicker's et cetera, or do you refer to programs sold on sites like rsbots.net? I would find it interesting to see what the runescape community thinks about macroing. remember, though, JAGEX are aware of all these bot-selling sites, and are constantly trying their best to prevent these bots from working, and punishing their users.

The only time I've ever botted was for a friend, overnight, since he frequently lost connection at nighttime and the bot wouldn't work. And I stopped doing so right after he got banned for a week from it.

I've always trained everything legitimately, on both my main and my pure, and never had a problem with it. I guess I just have more patience than most. I've never really seen botting as an option. In my eyes, it's just an easy way out, not to mention an easy way to get banned. :p I prefer to keep my account blackmark free.

I know for a fact that Bonesaw himself frowns upon botting, and asks us not to discuss it out in the open, but that does not stop people from doing it. After all, it is their accounts they are putting at risk. But in my eyes, it's just lazy, really.

FOE does not encourage botting. Members who do it do so at their own risk. Banned members receive little sympathy.

Short and concise answer to your question. :D

auto alched on few of my accounts...never botted rly..

the fact that it's next to impossible to get banned auto alching, in my mind, makes it a waste of time to not auto mage :mellow:

botting = no skill dude

k' well then ill gladly admit that i have no "skill" in clicking repeatedly over 100k times to get 94 mage, wait alching is 2 clicks, so that's over 200k times..  :Hi:

other bots i admit to being cheap, like auto training combat. but there's like a 99% chance you'll get banned if you do that anyways :victory: