could use some guidance

Claay

so i've been seriously thinking about starting working out, played sports my whole life but never actually gone to a gym and lifted and what not so im 100% clueless. i'm trying to put on some weight as well since i'm current 155lbs (70kg) 5'10 (178cm). i was curious if anyone has any tips or guides to follow. i was looking at different weight/muscle gaining products but i'm not sure which ones are good or not. any advice is greatly appreciated =)

To gain weight u just need to eat more calories (you can calculate the amount anywhere just type in google 'calorie calculator') and u do not NEED supplements all you need is to get to those calories whit lean meat and good carbs and shit. And obviously workout lika bawz.

Things like proteinshakes are only to 'supplement' ur intake of protein/carbs/fats.

And here you can find some pretty basic but good workouts http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-jeff-looked-up-to-the-last-action-hero.html

Also diet gives u 75% of results ur workout 25%. (personal opinion)

:^)

Edited by Belgian

If you're new to lifting you should start with a strength program. Stronglifts 5x5 for example to build up your strength and get used to the big exercises as deadlifts, squats, benchpress, military press. Watch the exercises on YouTube so you learn to do them with a correct form. When you've done the program switch to a split muscle group program that includes every muscle group 3-5 days a week.

Make sure that you're on a calorie surplus everyday to do that you look your bmi and eat 500-1k+ calories over you calorie limit. Try to eat as clean food as possible. What i do is count my calories in every meal so i make sure my macros are on point so do that if you bother. If you need help with a nutrition schedule feel free to PM me and ill help you to make one that fits you :)

Dont forget to eat atleast double your weight in kgs in protein grams everyday, so if you're 70kg eat 140g+ protein per day i recommend casein protein before you go to bed cottage chesse/ quark etc, and some fast carbs before your workouts for some extra energy with fast carbs i mean 1-2 banans or something that's atleast a little bit healthier then candy/trashfood.

Do everything I said and I promise you that you will make good gains ;) gl

Edited by Psycho Zinc

so i've been srs thinkin bout starting to work out just wandering if i should lift weight or not idk im thinking bout joining a gym but idk just srs thinking about it currently any input guys much apreciated it x

Uh, I guess no1 mentioned the 3rd part of the Bodybuilding triangle?! Enough SLEEP is also 1 of the most important things in Bodybuilding! Without enough sleep your body can't recover...