Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

working like a slave

Ready Ok FOE

• 4 weeks later...
Ready Ok FOE

opinions on working a 9 to 5 job?

i've been working almost 5 months and it feels like there's no more goal in my life except for finishing my school, more work, make some money on the way, probably get married and get kids on the way, retire, die

it's depressing af

Working has showed me the value of my time haha.

I did it for a year, I haven't worked in 3 years and am finding many ways to create my own jobs,check this article.   http://www.lifehack.org/articles/work/11-reasons-why-you-should-never-get-full-time-job.html

Working part-time isn't bad, but if you rely on work you need to find alternate ways to create investments, whether it's time or money, that will benefit you in the future, my favourite motto to live by, is "be the change you want in the world"

Look at the creators of South Park, laid back chill guys who are completely normal and just have fun doing something they enjoy, I think the biggest issue, is that people copy other successful peoples methods instead of finding their own, its kinda like moneymaking in RS., the best methods are kept hidden and left for individuals to find out on their own.

that was pretty interesting to read thx

Ready Ok FOE

I work 8-6 for 6 days a week, and i fucking hate it lol

still, it's not permanent and it's good £££

gl man

how did you not kill urself yet? lol, jk, atleast it pays good i guess

LOL

Cant wait 2 get older and live that life..

AKA NOT

FUCK THAT I WANNA BE YOUNG FOREVER DUDE

Fuck you, you're still like 13

• 1 month later...

I work 3pm - 11:30pm with a 2 hour round trip commute and its a job I hate. Its beyond depressing...everyone in the USA is a slave to the government tbh.

Cant wait to attempt to get my CDLs so I can do something I like. 2-3 weeks on the road and 2-3 days home will be rough at first. But their are lots of jobs around where i live that require 6 months to a year experience...and its home nightly with weekends off or weekends home at the very least.

Sucks that ima have to work fast food for a little while going through the school...but itll be worth it in the end. I cant handle sitting in a classroom anymore. So its the best thing I can do without a degree. Even then...a degree dont guarantee a good job in my area. Joy of living in a dying town thanks to Obama making the coal mines close.

Edited by Lonnie
Yeah White

After college move to a poor country. You will have a shit ton of money and live like a king..... Legit ima do this. Dominican Republic you have 100.000 usd your set. gl man if you become a doctor or something in Alaska you make 150k. Interesting facts. 

• 2 months later...

Find it funny when people genuinely aspire to get a 40 hour week job and think they're gonna be happy

Lets rob a bank after my league game

I'm down

Ready Ok FOE

little update; i've left my internship behind me a while ago thank god ffs. Currently starting up to work for my own as graphic designer because that's the study i do. Started this summer and already had a few client's and made about 500 euro's, also still working at a warehouse as side job 8:30 to 3:00 until i go back to school :)

Nice mang.

I'm working full time 40 hours a week at an architectural practice doing a lot of graphic design work myself. Going back to University on the 1st sept. 

Plans for the future include finishing second year, travelling next summer with the money i'll earn working full time christmas/easter & then finishing third year.

After third year i'll take a TEFL course (teaching english as a foreign language) which i'll do over the course of a year of working full time to save up as much money as possible. (Possibly living with friends!) 

THEN

The big event, I'll be qualified and have 2 connections outside of TEFL for paid teaching jobs, one in Sri Lanka and one in Brasil. Would then start working for 1-3 years abroad teaching English to primary aged kids.

I don't intend on settling down into a job permanently, going to find things I love to earn enough money to live & travel the world as I do it