Current 1RM's

Walli

Hi, 

Long story short last September I dislocated my Ac joint (shoulder) and tore my rotator cuff playing rugby. Didnt do any gym work really and couldnt play rugby until mid January this year. In that time unfortunately got lazy and put on a few unwanted pounds. 

I got back playing rugby in Jan and saw out the winter season which finished end of April. I had started hitting gym again at the similar sort of time but I just didnt have the same motivation and I had lost a lot of gain and it was frankly fucking frustrating. I was also at a shitty gym which because of an influx of shit gyms in burnley there is a crap price war so they are all dirt cheap and full of scrotes. 

Therefore at the start of April I signed up to the crossfit gym which is considerably more expensive but worth every penny. I wanted to try crossfit as a friend did it and said it would be really good for my rugby, would get me fitter, stronger and not stronger in a pointless way but stronger in a way i could use effectively within rugby. 

I have to say people knock crossfit (I used to) but until you do it you dont have a clue haha. I am now 6 weeks in and I have already seen considerable gains in strength, fitness and Bodyfat loss. 

My Current 1 rep max's which I have slowly gained over the past few weeks whilst working on technique are as follows: 

Backsquat - 315lb / 143kg - I had previously lifted similar to this but with nowhere near the same range of motion. This is a full deep below parallel ROM. 

Front Squat - 225lb / 102k - I know I can do more on this, I am still getting used to an familiar with the front rack hold.

Overhead Squat - 85lb / 38kg - I have struggled immensely with this due to lack of mobility and flexibility and weakened shoulder from injury. 

Squat Clean - 155lb / 70kg - I have not properly gone for a 1rm on this yet but this is probably the highest I have done which I have recorded. I know I can get much higher on this but I have been nailing the technique first.

Clean + Jerk - 135lb / 61kg - This was early on into starting crossfit, I will probably pb this big time next time around.

Deadlift - 395lb /180kg - This is an all time PB for me.

Strict Shoulder to overhead Press - 155lb / 70kg - I had a feeling on another day I could have maybe got 165 out. 

Snatch - 115lb / 52kg - Again, technique needs working on for this and more mobility and strength work on my shoulder. 

I will post updates when I get more 1rm or PB on any. 

If you are wondering what the fuck I am doing just getting 1rm and thinking what is the point... Crossfit classes are 1 hour. You will generally have a strength of technique section which will look at building strength/technique or looking to find a 1rm for a particular movement / lift. 

Once you know you max strengths you know what weight you can use for the workouts to make them most effective... anybody who knows anything about crossfit knows that the workout are intense and take a lot out on you so if you pick the wrong weight you are fucked. 

My problem at the moment is I have the basic strength, I am stronger than a lot of people a the gym but I dont have the gas... when it comes down to the high volume of reps and different movements I fatigue quicker than others who I am stronger than. 

All in all I am loving it and would definitely recommend it to anybody who wants to get fit, stronger and push themselves. 

k or as i

"Clean + Jerk - 135lb / 61kg - This was early on into starting crossfit, I will probably pb this big time next time around."

:blink: 

the clean and jerk was within my first week of starting crossfit in one of the early classes. I had little to no good technique so was still learning it so the weights were never going to be too amazing... all though that being said I would love to see you scop 60k up ;)

pics n stats

Will post the pics when I have more complete sets of progress (retaking pics start of every month) 

I am sitting at around 98-100kg BW again. 

fuck man i dislocated my ac joint as well playing rugby this year been out of the gym for awhile go to physio 3 times a week and get a massage once a week hour session trying to recover asap hope it goes well man :D

DeltaPapa

lol they do crossfit at uclan as a session

was gonna join but thought 'lol...'

might join thought, I srs don't see how its negtives

lol they do crossfit at uclan as a session

was gonna join but thought 'lol...'

might join thought, I srs don't see how its negtives

I go to spectrum which is in preston and not far from uclan. One of the coaches has pretty much just finished his degree at uclan too

the fuck does ploos mean

also inb4 thong pic 

plus, derr  :ph34r:

I don't think we are getting any until Monday, Kris.

the fuck does ploos mean

also inb4 thong pic 

plus, derr  :ph34r:

I don't think we are getting any until Monday, Kris.

nory u sharing a picture of yourself in a thong? we r friends remember