buying laptop, need advice

Acclaimed|Jordan

Acclaimed|Jordan

Well basically my grandfather that hasnt been part of my life for about 8 years met up with me yesterday for lunch. Now he wants to buy me shit so I told him I needed a laptop and hes gonna go with me to get one tomorrow. I am at a cross between the most epic macbook pro in the apple store and the most rigged i7 laptop in any other store. I know any i7 laptop with a decent video card destroys a macbook pro but I am getting into DJing and adult film production so I need to know which will be best. I have never used a mac in my life.

other notes: macs seem to attract the wimminz

4gb ram 500gb hd windowns 7 if not mac, and a 512mb video card minimun.a core2duo 3.2 is ok.

buy with theses settings and you are happy. its not the best, but its pro for a notebook

Get a Mac, Windows computers will give you constant problems. Windows 7 isn't even much better than Vista or XP.

I recently got a MacBook Pro and I have had zero problems with it. I go to my friends house almost daily and he has Windows 7. It is still slow and lags on RS (if that's something you're interested in).

Acclaimed|Jordan

holy crap i just saw the hp envy 15inch at bestbuy... 1800 bucks.. it fuckign owns the macbook 15inch..

500gig hd

6gigs ddr3

radeon 48XX

core i7

and its all aluminum case with keys like the macbook, it is FUCKING AMAZING

im getting it tomorrow :D

... into DJing and adult film production so I need to ...

other notes: macs seem to attract the wimminz

:mellow:

Have you met Sinz|Unspeaking?

If you're editing with like PhotoShop or some sort of film editing program like Vegas get a MacBook. If you're using the computer for everything else in general get a Windows. MacBooks can also be good for the program GarageBand, which allows you to like compile bits and pieces of music together to see what'll work. Honestly, bands nowadays just have to send their sound file of their instrment to the guy with this prigram and he can put it all together without the band ever being in the same room.

Acclaimed|Jordan

Okay instead of getting a super super rigged laptop, I built and ordered an i7/radeon 4890 setup on newegg and went to bestbuy and bought the new asus g90 for a cool 1grand

Posted Image