Million Dollars

Mortuls

lol at every1 saying " i'd live off of the interest "

its like 20k

could you live off of $380 or £200~ a week?

Mortage? Petrol? Food? Utilities?

Very naive.

tbh everyone that would invest it would all lose it within 1-2 years  

Disagree

As for me personally, prolly invest $30-50k~ of it into the highest level poker coaching money can buy ( 650$/hr )

With this much coaching, so long as you have the ability to learn and adapt, and have a certain degree of brain power, the the extra left over money you can enter all the live EPT events and WSOP events, and use that to build your bank roll due to the businessmen who play in it, also due to the high variance factor, with enough attempts you're almost guaranteed to win a few which will cover the tuition and more.

Once you've built bankroll into say $5m, begin playing in Macao against the asian whale billionaires that play there. With the money you win you can live like a king :)

its like 20k

Very naive.

Disagree

As for me personally, prolly invest $30-50k~ of it into the highest level poker coaching money can buy ( 650$/hr )

With this much coaching, so long as you have the ability to learn and adapt, and have a certain degree of brain power, the the extra left over money you can enter all the live EPT events and WSOP events, and use that to build your bank roll due to the businessmen who play in it, also due to the high variance factor, with enough attempts you're almost guaranteed to win a few which will cover the tuition and more.

Once you've built bankroll into say $5m, begin playing in Macao against the asian whale billionaires that play there. With the money you win you can live like a king :)

True as its in dollars it wouldn't be as much but IMO it would still be better to have a somewhat easy job+ live from interest than gamble it all on a game mainly based of luck

Live off the interest ;)

$1,000,000 = £644,496

3.1% Interest = £19,976

£1665 a month

£376 a week

£53 a day

Since i go to university, the only thing I need to worry about is travel which is £15.40 a week.

Edited by Ultama

its like 20k

Very naive.

Disagree

True as its in dollars it wouldn't be as much but IMO it would still be better to have a somewhat easy job+ live from interest than gamble it all on a game mainly based of luck

people like you make the world go round

hmm buy a house and luxury items for about 250,000 euros

and bank the other 750 so with an avarage of 7% p.a = 52,500/year so you basically don't need to work

Spend a good few years travelling the world.

Pay off any debts of immediate family, give them each a share.

Start a gym or invest in money making opportunities. 

Edited by Tris

lol at people who'd be happy to live off of 19k a year

So pretty much everyone who is currently in education? Lol...

would u want to live like a uni student for the rest of ur life? goodluck with that i've got bigger fish to fry

on a serious note in terms of the topic though i'd pay for my level 3 personal training course, a degree in sports science and nutrition, and accounting/finance too, start the process of being able to move to america[i'm not sure what's required to be able to live out there but if you have $1m i'm sure it wouldn't be a huge problem?] and then i'd get a job in a decent gym as a personal trainer/contest prep coach until i've built up a decent clientel and then i'd invest a majority of the $1m on my own gym.

Edited by Derek Murgatroyd

Id invest it but still work.

Another job which will give me £10k a year would be easy to find and be low hours.

Im happy at £30k

lol at people who'd be happy to live off of 19k a year

So pretty much everyone who is currently in education? Lol...
would u want to live like a uni student for the rest of ur life? goodluck with that i've got bigger fish to fry
If you are assuming that I would be doing nothing with my life, then nah ofcourse not. I would use the disposable interest (if you can call it that) to fund my own private server again and\or youtube channel, and make even more money from them. Edited by Ultama

invest, live off interest or make more money elsewhere

then tell my kids to do the same 

then tell them to tell their kids the same

until my family is richest evur

then cure hunger around the world

#genius

Fully pay off a house with a good location, fully pay off a car, build a in-house gym, order crystal water service, order Jacuzzi, order a custom built pc worth 2k and runs like 5k, pre-order the newest consoles around Christmas time, order a built in swimming pool, order a built in basketball court, build a soccer field in the back yard lots of room, build a pool and alcoholic drinks section in the basement, set-up surround sound speakers and a 64 inch + widescreen tv, order the newest iphone and ipod collection with beatz by dre headphones, hire a trusted maid to clean and look after my house, fully pay off the most expensive plumbing so I never have problems, order bug control, so I never have problems with bugs or snakes, buy a dog and give it a room fully built with toys and dog course so it doesn't get fat, hire a dog trainer to train it to use the dog course so it can have fun on it's own if it wants, hire someone to organize my life in a schedule so I never forget to do something, donate some money to certain organizations that I know will go to a good cause and won't be bullshit, fully pay off a chief for 1 year and build the chief a house so he can be right next door if I ever want him to cook or make anything, buy another car, but this time it will be a car for kids if I ever got married and had kids, so they wouldn't ruin my good looking car. Fully pay off a trash service, so I never have to worry about dumping my trash anywhere, fully pay off a alarm service, so my house, dog, cars, and rares are fully protected, hire a professional house decorator to make my house look fancy, but not bullshit rich fancy just like my certain "swag", pay off a mailing service, and the rest of the money will be put in splits for food, drinks, any medical issues, the standard safety stuff and investment into a fast growing business or company. 

TL;DR: I basically wrote down everything I could think of at this moment, I'm sure there would be loads more I could do, but yeah that's just my opinion on some of the stuff I would spend it on LOL. 

a million dollars?

i'd pay off my moms rent

After that i'd buy a house make a inclosed basement or a room with no sound. Set up a touture area , find some bums and start my killing spree. But not like i'll ever see a million dollars.