Banksy Quotes

Jim

Most of you probably know of/heard of Banksy, he's a famous graffiti/stencil artist from Bristol. His work is pure, light-hearted, genius. He's what inspired me to actually start spraying. He's always being called the best graffiti artist, but it's not really his art that I enjoy, it's his quotes. Here are some of my favourites;

Graffiti is one of the few tools you have if you have almost nothing.

And even if you don't come up with a picture to cure world poverty you can

make someone smile while they're having a piss.

A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to.

You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs.

It's a very frustrated feeling you get when the only people with good photos of you work are the police department.

The thing I hate the most about advertising is that it attracts all the bright, creative and ambitious young people, leaving us mainly with the slow and self-obsessed to become our artists.. Modern art is a disaster area. Never in the field of human history has so much been used by so many to say so little.

Remember crime against property is not real crime. People look at an oil painting and admire the use of brushstrokes to convey meaning. People look at a graffiti painting and admire the use of a drainpipe to gain access.

People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish... but that's only if it's done properly.

Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything else.

As

far as I can tell the only thing worth looking at in most museums of art is all the schoolgirls on daytrips with the art departments.

The people who run our cities dont understand graffiti because they think nothing has the right to exist unless it makes a profit...

the people who truly deface our neighborhoods are the companies that scrawl giant slogans across buildings and buses trying to make us feel inadequate unless we buy their stuff....

any advertisement in public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours, it belongs to you ,, its yours to take, rearrange and re use.Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head..

Dunno who he is but...

You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs.

sounds like my kinda guy (y)

Yeah, I remember him from a long time ago... I think I'd travel to the UK just to see some of the areas he's tagged :P

You'd be disapointed it you were to do that. A lot of his work gets painted over in a few days, a few of his peices in the first few hours. There are a few that have been allowed to stay, but recently a few of them got paintballed. I went to a gallery of his a few months back, on the way back home I saw an amazing stencil of his that I hadn't seen on the site.

There was a banksy on the wall where i live but some twat sprayed over it with black paint -.-' wise, wise man.

You can buy Banksy stencils online. I doubt it was the real banksy.

EDIT:

Love the new sig Conn0r, pretty epic man.