[ Council ] Rob

I'm not "GFX" Artist but....

x360

Glass Work  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is my Glass Work Sick?

2. 2. Should I Have "GFX" Rank "Glass-Fucking-X360"

[b]How have you found out about FOE originally?[/b]

I found out about FOE when I first started playing runescape in 5th grade, I never really knew to join foe until I was in 9th grade. FOE was the number one pure clans back in the days and still is in my eyes. I have always wanted to be part of FOE since I made my first pure, FOE is the only pure clan I have ever thought about applying to, and registering too. FOE will always be the only clan I am part of when the clan dies I will be done with this game.

[b]Whydo you want "GFX Artist" rank on FOE boards[/b]?

Honestly, as I am applying to the "GFX" boards I am more applying as an "Artist." I am 17 years old I am a senior in Highschool, I have a glass studio in my garage with about ten grand worth of supplies between torches, my kiln, glass and my saws. I have been doing this I was about 13 my mom got me started in it, she is a very artistic person. It started off with me making jewelry, then I went to Corning Glass Muesuem its in Ithaca New York about 2 hours from where I live. I made my first bead in there, an it inspired me to work on this abstract thing of art. I did jewelry for some years and then I got more into the glass and flame work. I think that me even just posting this different type of abstract act in these boards will just stir up forums and make it more active again. I do own Photoshop CS5 and I work with it making basic signatures and what not I self taught myself in photoshop from tutorials on youtube an other forums. I also own Cinema 4D I am new to this an have yet to really get the hang of it. In highschool I am taking computer Graphics class as independent study, my art teacher allows me to use her kiln which is larger then mine so I am able to get a lot done in there not just computer graphics.

Are you associated with any other clans/communities?[/b]

Like I stated above FOE is the only other clan I am registered too. I am registered to several other forums for botting websites and what not.

[b]Do you check FOE forums on regular basis?[/b]

Yes, I am always on FOE forums, as I am a member. I do my best to post several times a day and make sure I am being active in the community.

[b]Are you willing to take part inSOTWs?[/b]

If they're still going on I would gladly participate in them with my amaturer graphics or maybe stir it up with some glass work.

[b]3(latest) examples of work[/b]

2ut3iqh.png

dmb254.png

2q36e51.png

2ebztw5.png

Still working on other glass uploads being dumb.

biqe5c.png

2hnnlar.png

rwib83.png

243l3cj.png

Some updates

2z66s8p.png

Version 2

ek1amq.png

ACli9.png

209m6wm.png

Edited by x360

I'd stick with the 'Proud member' title mate, we don't have any special powers ore anything ;)

edit: But those glassthings you make are awesome lol

Edited by Devlz

I'd stick with the 'Proud member' title mate, we don't have any special powers ore anything ;)

edit: But those glassthings you make are awesome lol

No need If i can get a tittle it'll motivate me to do more work in the studio an i can get member access im sure i can talk to someone about it.. Tinypic is acting gay an not letting me upload others....

Sure thing, go for it mate. Do youdo other stuff? Like drawing or anything? If so I'd like to see that too.. What you make is a whole different kind of art, not really graphical.

Sure thing, go for it mate. Do youdo other stuff? Like drawing or anything? If so I'd like to see that too.. What you make is a whole different kind of art, not really graphical.

Yeah I know its not really Graphical, that's what I feared that I wouldn't get the rank, but I think that you can admit that it is an artistic art :p I have some basic photoshop signatures I will upload some of them.

Edit: your Rank is "GFX" My "G" can stand for "Glass" :p

Edited by x360

GFX aka GLASS-FUCKING-X360

Yeah show me the PS stuff :)

Adding some PS stuff, I "doodle" to answer your question above I really like cartoonish figures an stuff like that I will upload some of my doodles too, I am kind of all around artistic, but still getting the hang of PS and other things. I also do jewelry still, but this doesn't seem like the crowd to show that off too, hand made beads and stuff. If you do take this application seriously which I hope you do Devlz don't just base it solely on the Graphical talent regardless of what the rank says, base it on artistic ability. I am sure you can understand when you need to be motivated to do something and having/gaining this rank will give me motivation to work out in my studio, work more on photoshop and improve to better abilities.

Adding some PS stuff, I "doodle" to answer your question above I really like cartoonish figures an stuff like that I will upload some of my doodles too, I am kind of all around artistic, but still getting the hang of PS and other things. I also do jewelry still, but this doesn't seem like the crowd to show that off too, hand made beads and stuff. If you do take this application seriously which I hope you do Devlz don't just base it solely on the Graphical talent regardless of what the rank says, base it on artistic ability. I am sure you can understand when you need to be motivated to do something and having/gaining this rank will give me motivation to work out in my studio, work more on photoshop and improve to better abilities.

I am serious man, and I sure do approve the artistic mind. That's why I asked why you wanted the rank in the first place.

Edit: Ater seeing the graphics I do think you're fit for the rank mate. Hope to see more stuff in the near future :)

YES FROM ME

Edited by Devlz

I am serious man, and I sure do approve the artistic mind. That's why I asked why you wanted the rank in the first place.

Well thank you for taking it seriously and not as a troll. I am sure I could write you an essay on how it all got started and why I would want it so I gave you a short story. Although with information about PS, I have been using it for over a year or two I tend to stick to basic text signatures with small renders, I like smudges working on getting more into a render/picture editing stuff with stock. With cinema 4D it is very new to me and I really do hope to learn some tricks and cool effects of animation. Illustrator I'll be honest with you right now I hate it! It seems so slow to work with, I am using illustrator for a school logo I have to make in my graphics class, and that program seems to be a pain in my ass. I always doodle like artist do although I call your work "Art Work" my doodles are just that doodles like Walt Disney, for some reason I am not great at drawing even dimensions if I draw a person its head or eyes will be over done or too large.

Glass work is incredibly hard to do; I'm impressed. You're also not bad at Photoshop either.

That being said I don't know why you would want to apply for artist when you're already in the clan lol... Regardless, I kinda wanna see a bit more of your Photoshop work before I make an official decision.

Edited by d72 | steal

Glass work is incredibly hard to do; I'm impressed. You're also not bad at Photoshop either.

That being said I don't know why you would want to apply for artist when you're already in the clan lol... Regardless, I kinda wanna see a bit more of your Photoshop work before I make an official decision.

Thank you, glad to see an artist is aware of the effort put into glass work, like i said that it would motivate me more to do studio stuff which i need in real life and okay i can do more photoshop stuff:p

Thank you, glad to see an artist is aware of the effort put into glass work, like i said that it would motivate me more to do studio stuff which i need in real life and okay i can do more photoshop stuff:p

If you're relying on a rank on a forum for an online game as motivation, it's clearly not the thing for you.

I'm with Dan, although glasswork is fascinating and awesome You've only got a few pieces there, and i'm not about to judge something so different to what i know. Try out some different glass work techniques or something. :wink: