[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

ShadyFX Application

ShadyFX

How have you found out about FOE originally? Through Youtube years ago, seems like 10-years have gone by since I would come home from school and watch a PK video from a FOE member or something. Haha, the days..

Why do you want "GFX Artist" rank on FOE boards? Well, I noticed the graphics forums are relatively close to dead, hopefully I could inspire a few people along side any other artists that are around.

Are you associated with any other clans/communities? I was in TLP for I believe around 7-months before I left, I've just recently closed all association with them to any extent, the only things left from me there are a few pieces of artwork and my TLP Graphics thread on their forums.

Do you check FOE forums on regular basis? Yes, I don't really post all that much though. Quite frankly I'm not going to spam 200 post count in an attempt to show I'm "active." Being able to respond promptly and actively to requests should suffice in my opinion.

Are you willing to take part in SOTWs? Of course, I cannot guarantee I will be capable of partaking in every single one hosted due to excessive school work this year but I'll do my best.

3 (latest) examples of work - A LOT of my recent work within ~1 month are still in the process of being made as they are requests from different video makers and livestreams. My current signature is roughly 4-5 months old but is still a relatively decent example of what I can do with C4Ds and lighting combined with a little bit of text. If other examples are needed I can either wait until the designs go up or I can just make a few signatures in my free time and use them as examples.

Recent examples as requested:

TwitchChannel-Shady.png

FULLOUT-FOE-1.png

TheLastPures-Banner.png

Twitch.TV Background(Still being worked on at the moment but the final product should look somewhat like this):

This is my channel, after we finished completely and the background goes on his channel I will replace the link with his as proof of use:

http://www.twitch.tv/shadyfx

Somebody asked me for a signature so when that's finished I'll get that up if this is still open.

It would be nice to see some of your older work and stuff regardless as to whether or not it's in the process of being made.

This..

Good luck on the app.

Edited by Shivan

I'd like to see more work from you before I can say anything about this. I can't judge by only seeing your signature. I also think you should post more often so people get to know you here, but like you said yourself, don't spam it up.

NEIN

It would be nice to see some of your older work and stuff regardless as to whether or not it's in the process of being made.

Yeah I'll grab a few things off photobucket. I'll edit in a sec.

Hmm, that's getting better. Is the top one your latest?

Personally I'd like to see you get your post count up and see a few new ones before I say can say yes. But there's definitely something in there.

lol gl

Thank you for your amazing contribution to this thread.

On topic I don't know, I'll wait for the sig you're making right now before I make any conclusions.

Edited by d72 | steal

Goodluck, looks like this forum is starting to make a bit of a come-back, not one to say but from the stuff you've provided it'd be a no for now, but if we get to see the better work that you're working now & there's something there.. Could potentially be looking at the rank.

I realize my opinion doesn't matter however your work seems like it's very basic (this coming from someone who has never done gfx what so ever)

It doesn't seem like you have much talent I mean anyone can get a picture throw on some shit that looks like magic and add text and then claim to know their way around GFX. Does not deserve rank (no offence)

I realize my opinion doesn't matter however your work seems like it's very basic (this coming from someone who has never done gfx what so ever)

It doesn't seem like you have much talent I mean anyone can get a picture throw on some shit that looks like magic and add text and then claim to know their way around GFX. Does not deserve rank (no offence)

I can provide layers for all of my work and can guarantee that is not what they are. You said it yourself, you do not do "gfx" thus you really don't have an idealization of what actually goes into something. For example, my signature is a combination of 20+ C4Ds meshed and toned to create what it is, I only put text on it because I was bored one day.

Do you make any GFX non-Runescape related?

I haven't done any RS-related designs in a while, only thing was a chatbox cover for a TLP member.

Hmm, that's getting better. Is the top one your latest?

Personally I'd like to see you get your post count up and see a few new ones before I say can say yes. But there's definitely something in there.

The top one is I believe almost two months old, it was done as a concept for a Twitch user/livestreamer that was looking for a channel overhaul. We quickly realized that the amount of pre-MoP content and art available to designers is so limited we ended up going with a more basic standard design using flares, textures, screenshots, lighting effects and all the rest. That will probably receive a remake in the near future and will be used, for now it's just sort of on the back burner.

shutup you cunt.

shutup you cunt.

Not sure if serious or not.

@Tony, thanks.

Regardless as to how much goes into something it doesn't really matter unless you can get the full effect with dept and whatnot. Anybody can include as many C4Ds and coolio effects as they want, but in the end it's all about how it all fits together rather than how much has gone into it; quality over quantity if you will.

I wanna see a bit more of your work still before I make an official decision; you said some of the ones you posted were kinda old and I'm interested in seeing some recent stuff.

Regardless as to how much goes into something it doesn't really matter unless you can get the full effect with dept and whatnot. Anybody can include as many C4Ds and coolio effects as they want, but in the end it's all about how it all fits together rather than how much has gone into it; quality over quantity if you will.

I wanna see a bit more of your work still before I make an official decision; you said some of the ones you posted were kinda old and I'm interested in seeing some recent stuff.

Same opinion, different asshole.