Help with Swiftkit!

13orn2Crit

Hey guys I'm new around here, and lookin' to join in the future so decided to get to know everyone before trying to join, but this might sound sad, But I've never used Irc.

Well my problem is I don't know exactly how to connect to the FoE Irc in swiftkit, I've read the guides on here and they don't really help me at all, Just confuse the hell outta me ( Hence this is my first time ever trying to use Irc )

I've tried connecting to #FinalOwnage channel. But I get this message : (01:03:26) -RuneHQ.mi.us.SwiftIRC.net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~  ( I don't even know how to make an account too be honest lol. )

But I pretty much tried everything in this thread --> http://foe-rs.com/forums/index.php?topic=31.0 and still failed. Also this thread --> http://foe-rs.com/forums/index.php?topic=213.0 confuses the hell outta me, I don't know any channels so making an account isn't really happening for me lol?

Would anyone mind having the patients to help me out? and explain what I;m doing wrong, and what do to please, and thank you.

When you're on the Start tab for the IRC internal utility, fill out the following fields:

Nickname: 13orn2Crit (or whatever you like)

Channel: #Finalownage

After that, click connect. The reason you get the "No ident response" message is because you haven't registered with the nickname server yet. Registering with it makes sure only you can be on the nickname and no one else. To do so, type the following in:

/ns register YOURPASSWORD YOURPASSWORD YOUREMAIL YOUREMAIL

Now you'll have to check your email and click on a link and voila, you're registered. Now, on the IRC start tab, type your password into the "Set up auto identify" place and it'll automatically identify you every time you connect to IRC.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm, I tried doing exactly what you said.

Posted Image

but when I get to the part where you type in /ns register YOURPASSWORD YOURPASSWORD YOUREMAIL YOUREMAIL, I get no emails nor does it show up in the IRC channel.  :embarrased:

Hmmm, I tried doing exactly what you said.

Posted Image

but when I get to the part where you type in /ns register YOURPASSWORD YOURPASSWORD YOUREMAIL YOUREMAIL, I get no emails nor does it show up in the IRC channel.  :embarrased:

weird :o

When you're on the Start tab for the IRC internal utility, fill out the following fields:

Nickname: 13orn2Crit (or whatever you like)

Channel: #Finalownage

After that, click connect. The reason you get the "No ident response" message is because you haven't registered with the nickname server yet. Registering with it makes sure only you can be on the nickname and no one else. To do so, type the following in:

/ns register YOURPASSWORD YOURPASSWORD YOUREMAIL YOUREMAIL

Now you'll have to check your email and click on a link and voila, you're registered. Now, on the IRC start tab, type your password into the "Set up auto identify" place and it'll automatically identify you every time you connect to IRC.

Hope this helps.

That Pretty much sums it up ^^  

Its zeh noob

Maybe it has something to do with the server.

Or try to join a selfmade channel where you do not need a registerd account to join... Then register and join #foe

Do I have to put anything in this? Posted Image

Because I still get this Posted Image

Whenever  try to register my email n' pass.

just click on the quick connect tab and type the following exactly:

/ns register passwordyouwant passwordyouwant emailaddress emailaddress

If you need help, type /ns help in the same tab

Is it against rules for someone to make me an account for me? Cause this is being a b!@!tch!

If so,  Sorry didn't know and ignore this lol.

I'll keep trying.