Am I doing it right?

Smush

Okay, so I'm hovering at around 173 lbs.

I think I've exhausted my noob gains and I decided to start going on supplements.

I've done enough research, but I want personal responses. My goal is 190 lbs by the end of my bulk.

I ordered ..

Whey Protein, Casein Protein, Creatine, Pre-Workout, Fish Oil, and Multi.

Too much? Any tips/advice? What works for you?

eat lots =]

I eat a crazy amount of chicken breast, whole eggs, peanut butter, milk, wheat bread, pasta, but I think the supplements might help me get my desired weight.

Why two types of protien?

And yeh just dirty bulk. Lots of takeaways, pizzas, shit like that.

Whey is faster absorbing so post-workout.

Casein is slower absorbing so you take it before bed.

Most supplements just help you reach your daily macros, meet your macros in terms of protein/carbs/fat along with eating above your calorie maintenance level and you'll make gains, this can be done entirely through food if one wanted.  If you don't know what your macros are I suggest you work them out, take a look at some peoples food intake for a day on BB for some ideas.

If you're struggling to make gains with your current macros, add another 500-1000 calories.  You seem to do a lot of sport outside of the gym so make sure your factoring this in too.

A pre-workout and creatine may further your strength while in the gym which will further help your gains but that's only if you hit your macros.

I will say however that hitting your macros may be difficult sometimes so a supplement here and there does help but make sure you know what you're aiming for.

Most supplements just help you reach your daily macros, meet your macros in terms of protein/carbs/fat along with eating above your calorie maintenance level and you'll make gains, this can be done entirely through food if one wanted.  If you don't know what your macros are I suggest you work them out, take a look at some peoples food intake for a day on BB for some ideas.

If you're struggling to make gains with your current macros, add another 500-1000 calories.  You seem to do a lot of sport outside of the gym so make sure your factoring this in too.

A pre-workout and creatine may further your strength while in the gym which will further help your gains but that's only if you hit your macros.

I will say however that hitting your macros may be difficult sometimes so a supplement here and there does help but make sure you know what you're aiming for.

Great and informative post. I never tried to calculate my macros, but if it means gains, then I'll take some time research and try to find my maintenance etc. It's just hard to eat over maintenance with school and sports and what not.

:nice:

another post because i can,

myfitnesspal.com is a great free program to keep track your macros intake. i've been using it for awhile.

off topic, found this meme.

another post because i can,

myfitnesspal.com is a great free program to keep track your macros intake. i've been using it for awhile.

off topic, found this meme.

Thanks for the website and for the info. Will definitely use and try to find my macros intake.

And about that picture ...  o.O

yes gd list of supplements. judging by what i assume your physique is, dirty bulk till next spring and disregard this coming summers aesthetics to get that gd body. btw ur routine is pretty shit at times for building muscle (stopped checking it a couple weeks ago so you may have changed), i remember you focusing way too much on strength, 1-4 reps or w.e, and not nearly enough on the muscle building rep range for full stimulization.

yes gd list of supplements. judging by what i assume your physique is, dirty bulk till next spring and disregard this coming summers aesthetics to get that gd body. btw ur routine is pretty shit at times for building muscle (stopped checking it a couple weeks ago so you may have changed), i remember you focusing way too much on strength, 1-4 reps or w.e, and not nearly enough on the muscle building rep range for full stimulization.

I only do 5 reps for the compound lifts bench, squat, dl, and shoulder press.

Everything else I do 8-12 reps for isos

rep range being 6-8 for muscle size?

u could do 6-8 reps on 10% of ur max and it aint gonna do shit. its all about effort doesent matter what reps

if you go till failure on the 6-8 reps its SO much better for building muscle than going to failure on like 2 reps LOL

this

i mean personally i can never walk away from an exercise feeling i could have done more, i need to fail or im not happy.

whether that is right or wrong i dunno just preference.