[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

New website design.

severed arow

Ok I decided to buckle down and do something worth while whilst I'm bed ridden, so I'm making a new website (Why not). I'm really taking my time over this to get it right and make it good, so please serious comments and CC please so I can improve it more ( although this is Foe so I'm going to get trolled at some point). I'll keep you updated as i progress:

1st post (yes I am aware the background is shit, ignore it for now):

wl23xs.png

Update Real C&C on everything now please:

3590q9s.png

Update, changed colours alittle, changed the boxes below the three big pictures, resized the lower nav bar, edited the shark text etc...

11altgh.png

UPDATE: Ok here's the thing coded in it's static form, theres one thign though... The shadow at the top... I'm not sure how to fix it, does anyone know how to start a background image a specified amount of pixels away fro mthe top of the page?

http://relent.dyndns.org/sharks/index.php <--- you can only see this when my computer is on.

may i ask what the site is for, coz depending on what it is for id suggest better text, unless thats the text of the game or summat which is why im wondering

may i ask what the site is for, coz depending on what it is for id suggest better text, unless thats the text of the game or summat which is why im wondering

Minecraft, and that is the text of the game :P

o yh f, thought it looked familiar lol, i thinks its pretty sweet tbh, only thing i can think of is whats goin on with the big white box under it

o yh f, thought it looked familiar lol, i thinks its pretty sweet tbh, only thing i can think of is whats goin on with the big white box under it

Ah it's not yet finished, that will be the content area, the top part is the header :P

Ah it's not yet finished, that will be the content area, the top part is the header :P

ohh oki, well i think just sought the background out and then its sweet :D

Seems strange to have rounded shiny buttons for a minecraft website. Also i don't really like the blue colours on the skin =p

Meh i don't want to follow the trend of flat blocky websites and I prefer it like this :P As for the colour scheme, somethign i've never been good at, even with kuler, what do you suggest? Although i didn think the colours went together well, and I do like blue websites, they look clean.

Also Update Real C&C on everything now please:

3590q9s.png

The "Beware of sharks doesn't stand around enough"  Needs to be bigger or have a lighter border or something.

The little dividers between the buttons at the top look messy

The colours just need to be lighter more saturated, or maybe consistent, i.e change the green-blue to the same blue as the top bar.

The second set of buttons, i.e  updates, events etc. should be the same size as the top ones or smaller.

The grey boxes wit the orange text don't match the rest of the page.

Just what i think could be fixed, take it or leave it.

The "Beware of sharks doesn't stand around enough"  Needs to be bigger or have a lighter border or something.

The little dividers between the buttons at the top look messy

The colours just need to be lighter more saturated, or maybe consistent, i.e change the green-blue to the same blue as the top bar.

The second set of buttons, i.e  updates, events etc. should be the same size as the top ones or smaller.

The grey boxes wit the orange text don't match the rest of the page.

Just what i think could be fixed, take it or leave it.

Yes I was thinking this

Yes the dividers at the top will be neater when i code it cause i can specifically type in how many pixels they should be appart and such

Ok I'll see about that

Hmmm, I should probably do that...

Yeh, I think i'll change it to match

Thanks for the CC :)

The dividers should just have a

[hr] 

Example:

test

1.) Never used that before, sweet thanks.

2.) Update, changed colours alittle, changed the boxes below the three big pictures, resized the lower nav bar, edited the shark text etc...

11altgh.png

It looks very good although i'm no expert, so do you have your own minecraft server? :D

No I'm a mod on one, I've been a part of it (or its line are servers) for over a year now :) Nice community (most of the time)

It looks very good although i'm no expert, so do you have your own minecraft server? :D

No I'm a mod on one, I've been a part of it (or its line are servers) for over a year now :) Nice community (most of the time)

Oo nice, ik it's not got anything to do with graphics, but is it an economy server or spawning?

Don't like the minecraft text or the background but I guess somethings got to be related to the game, apart from that it looks pretty tidy, the presentations nicely done!

seriously severed the rounded buttons just look bad, no matter how they're spaced. Just accept it =p

Pshhhhh... Fiiiine *curses under his breath*

Oo nice, ik it's not got anything to do with graphics, but is it an economy server or spawning?

No spwning, but we don't have iconomy or anything, we are based off trading bartering killing and gettign shit yourself etc.

On aside note: Damn I missed this community, I should come here more often :) are Wytchcraft, D72, Ikz and cholesterol etc sill here?

Gareth l Rare

The 1st thing i noticed was the highlight and the font.

Font, dont like but its minecraft so its a must> thus having a circle highlight on the buttons kinda makes it weird?

Maybe change it from circle to square

LOL @ the pic of the week

if it was black and dead it would be tito

The 1st thing i noticed was the highlight and the font.

Font, dont like but its minecraft so its a must> thus having a circle highlight on the buttons kinda makes it weird?

Maybe change it from circle to square

LOL @ the pic of the week

if it was black and dead it would be tito

Jeeez I'll make it square then >.> :P But yeh thanks for cc I think I'll fix that up and code it today then.