New game

Gareth l Rare

Gareth l Rare

L3OR7XQqLv0

So lately at uni me and my group "Team Highgrade" have been designing and coding a game for our 1st terms project.

Its a memory game about navigating around a maze within a time scale, you cant see anything other than a small percentage of the map which the torch on your helmet is lighting up.

http://megaswf.com/serve/1381542

http://megaswf.com/serve/1381550

Clips of my cut scenes (level 4>5 and 6>7) = end

art done by friend for final level, i just added darkness and edited it in after effects.

I also had to create 2 cut scenes but cant upload flash so wont be able to show them until friday when i have recorded the whole game and made a trailer for it :(

charact.png

Text made with photoshop + Xara 3d

http://i303.photobuc...lescapecopy.png

newtunnelescapecopy.png

made this at 4am this morning.... only had 4 hours sleep but poxy alarm woke me up so sod going into class... ill end up stabbingsomeoneintheface :( need a energy drink and a irish coffee to wake me up....

what programming language are you using? Atm i just finished for the year, was using python and pygame which is basically like C# but shit. lol

Gareth l Rare

using flash atm as we have the learn how to deal with something which is out dated, shit, frustratingly bollox and completly obsolete

nice one , didnt know you were doing computer science or w/e :) gl :) I'm takign computing at college and hope to do the same at university :)

Gareth l Rare

nice one , didnt know you were doing computer science or w/e :) gl :) I'm takign computing at college and hope to do the same at university :)

Doing game art, music tec, 3d graphics modeling and game coding at uni. So we making and design our own games

And thank jemal

Doing game art, music tec, 3d graphics modeling and game coding at uni. So we making and design our own games

And thank jemal

Ah cool :P I don't really play games, I don't enjoy them, so i dont think that would be a course for me, I either want to go into web development or security systems programming and stuff :) So far i know javaand php (then html, css, mysql etc) I plan to learn C++ at some point too:) Before i go to university i gotta suffer my way through college, i hate it :L And then im gonan take a gap year and go and stay in Japan for a year.

Good luck with your course

Oh and its JAmal :P

Gareth l Rare

I no its jAmal but i like to call you Jem'....

And rarrr, got you for few more years then we going to loose you to the japs. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gareth l Rare

do we get to play the game?

If i can find a way to put it on a website, then yeah ill link it around if i can but we'll be finished by next week so....  :D

Thanks joe  :wub:

And rarrr, got you for few more years then we going to loose you to the japs. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haha i'm only going there for a year :P unless i become near native level of japanese, then i might go to university in Japan, it would be cheaper anyway, like just over half the price cheaper, it will be £9000+ for uk uni when i go

Gareth l Rare

Haha i'm only going there for a year :P unless i become near native level of japanese, then i might go to university in Japan, it would be cheaper anyway, like just over half the price cheaper, it will be £9000+ for uk uni when i go

That would actually be the logicle thing to do, just need to learn the language + read and write it.....

Its one of the hard'st languages to learn  :o i cant even learn spanish good, and im latin....

That would actually be the logicle thing to do, just need to learn the language + read and write it.....

Its one of the hard'st languages to learn  :o i cant even learn spanish good, and im latin....

僕は日本語勉強、の楽しい、けど僕の日本語はよくない。

毎日は日本語勉強、だから熟練したなる。

Translation: I am learning Japanese, it's fun but my japanese is not good.

i practise japanese everyday so that i can become good at it.

Well there might be soem mistakes in that :P But im tryinf hard, I've been at it for over 5 months now ^-^

i know two out of their three scripts and I'm working on the third, I'm not too bad with grammar, but my vocabulary needs work :)

lol I'm learning liek the exact same shit, coding, 3D modelling/texturing, audio design and just general gfx. like making game sprites/animation/textures n shit.

Gareth l Rare

lol I'm learning liek the exact same shit, coding, 3D modelling/texturing, audio design and just general gfx. like making game sprites/animation/textures n shit.

:wub: this will be a long road for both of us, but least we have each other (none gay moment)

:wub: this will be a long road for both of us, but least we have each other (none gay moment)

well i have a mate who's learning C, and he has a friend who is hell good at Audio, so then if i do the gfx we'll be set =D

edit: btw i accidentally wrote this in your post coz i clicked edit instead of quote, l0l.