Basketball.

Soap

Started going to basketball practice etc, I want to know what exercises (other than squats) will help me jump high etc.

I'm 5'11 on the dot pretty much right now, and I want to slam dunk (about 4 inches from rim atm)

~67kg aswell.

WATCH THIS B4 SAYING IT'S IMPOSSIBLE AT 5'11

lsi7jYseYsk

00:25

Yeah if you're 4 inches away .... you got a longggg wayy to go...

It's not just about slam dunking .. I think you're better off working on shooting ..

i understand this, it's just something i've always wanted to do :p

Yeah im working on that too.

i've played basketball my whole my friend. im 6'3 and just recently got to where i could fluently dunk in motion. being able to jump high doesn't make you good at dunking, especially if your hands are on the small to average side. either way at 5'11 the only way your even going to get to the rim to dunk on someone is to be explosive and that will also make you jump higher. squats will increase your vertical and leg strength but you need to focus on your calves.

standing/sitting calve raises, calve raises on a leg press machine, dumbell and barbell squat jumps, plyometrics.. basically the best way to increase your vertical is to do just that.. jump.

also, these are excellent to build calve strength.

http://www.hoopskills.com/jumping/strengthshoes.html

my best friend is 5'7, never saw a gym in his life and he dunk like a baws and I stay down watching him lol, so don't lose faith.

Nate Robinsons wingspan doesn't look that disproportionate so I don't believe that's an advantage in his case.

i've played basketball my whole my friend. im 6'3 and just recently got to where i could fluently dunk in motion. being able to jump high doesn't make you good at dunking, especially if your hands are on the small to average side. either way at 5'11 the only way your even going to get to the rim to dunk on someone is to be explosive and that will also make you jump higher. squats will increase your vertical and leg strength but you need to focus on your calves.

standing/sitting calve raises, calve raises on a leg press machine, dumbell and barbell squat jumps, plyometrics.. basically the best way to increase your vertical is to do just that.. jump.

also, these are excellent to build calve strength.

http://www.hoopskills.com/jumping/strengthshoes.html

my hands are absolutely massive haha

Okay, thanks for advice too all

Jog with a lot of weight, and keep increasing. Eventually you'll be able to run fast/longer, and even job higher.

Worked for goku in dragonball lmao

lNTqzRK7fFc&feature=related

Strap ankle weights round you ankle (obv) and keep jumping and scoring. Keep doing this eventually you should be able to slam dunk. For example Christano ronaldo does running training with weights on his ankles, so when he takes them off hes super fast ^.-