Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ

• Marc|Criti

• Octavarium

• Tango_Oscar

omg how did they build them?

omg why can't we do the same?

omg in the middle of the hoooot desert?

yeah that's the kind of questions i asked myself when i was 11.

also, gj on bringing up the religion debate in here teejay

Pulleys, they did have wheels, they had chariots....

Lol... that was roman times... and no they didn't.

they put logs and made the rocks roll on them..

Pulleys, they did have wheels, they had chariots....

Lol... that was roman times... and no they didn't.

they put logs and made the rocks roll on them..

Sure but how did they get them in place on the pyramid?

And stop trying to make me sound like an idiot... fucking dick.

How did they not have wheels? Where did you do history?

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/chariots.htm

They used water to move rocks from quarries, pullies and ramps to get them up to the top of pyramids to reduce the drag coefficient. The same way we do now... And Using logs like Criti said to move them. The same way tanks operate...

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyramids/pyramids.html

and as for magnets... you can't magnetise stone...

Everspeaking

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL at Joe's pics. The concept of pyramids seems boring as anything. Im interested in some science about the earth and religion though i guess..

EDIT: If you're trying to disprove the existance of God thats something i frown upon, i dont believe in any of this mayan calendar bull shit, there was one of these "World will end" assumptions in the year 2000, and probably many years before that. The world won't end just because some calendar does. The calendar this year ends on December 31st, does that mean the world will end on the 31st December 2011? lol. Honestly half of the crap placed on the internet is placed there to scare you and make you think about things, seems like your falling for it :/

I think ETs helped/did it, don't hate

No hate here, they're just theory's. But there is enough evidence to support that claim actually. But I do find it funny religious people disregard aliens as a possible because they find it far fetched... Esp when they believe in a man that lives in the sky lol.

I believe there are others like us out there, there has to be. And could they have found us once before and showed us a couple things, sure, why not? And the early people not knowing much, took them as gods. That's where I think this whole god thing came from if anything.

i mean... look at this and explain it please? and also they recreated it to toy scale, and it was perfectly aerodynamic.

5:47

7-C7XO-QH-s

Aerodynamics are irrelevant in space. There is no fluid medium which needs to be navigated.

You're using the same argument that religious people do. "It can't be explained, therefore it can." Makes no sense.

I know you are just looking at this as a theory; I'm not trying to be condescending. The simple fact is that there is no evidence to support these kinds of claims. It angers me that the History channel gives validity to these arguments by airing shows on them, and placing it in the category of science.

I think ETs helped/did it, don't hate

No hate here, they're just theory's. But there is enough evidence to support that claim actually. But I do find it funny religious people disregard aliens as a possible because they find it far fetched... Esp when they believe in a man that lives in the sky lol.

I believe there are others like us out there, there has to be. And could they have found us once before and showed us a couple things, sure, why not? And the early people not knowing much, took them as gods. That's where I think this whole god thing came from if anything.

i mean... look at this and explain it please? and also they recreated it to toy scale, and it was perfectly aerodynamic.

5:47

7-C7XO-QH-s

Aerodynamics are irrelevant in space. There is no fluid medium which needs to be navigated.

You're using the same argument that religious people do. "It can't be explained, therefore it can." Makes no sense.

I know you are just looking at this as a theory; I'm not trying to be condescending. The simple fact is that there is no evidence to support these kinds of claims. It angers me that the History channel gives validity to these arguments by airing shows on them, and placing it in the category of science.

No... I never said they were spaceships... I just found it interesting that they look like planes, and have perfect aerodynamics.

How did they not have wheels? Where did you do history?

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/chariots.htm

They used water to move rocks from quarries, pullies and ramps to get them up to the top of pyramids to reduce the drag coefficient. The same way we do now... And Using logs like Criti said to move them. The same way tanks operate...

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyramids/pyramids.html

and as for magnets... you can't magnetise stone...

I watch a lot of the history and discovery channel, as well as had 3 years of ancient study and theory classes. In the classes we all came up with our own theory's, mine was that they had giant magnets placed to they oppose each other, giving the rock lift. The rolling logs idea is most likely is incorrect, the logs would have been destroyed to quickly by the heavy stone.

Found this, sounds relevant:

That depends upon which pyramids you're talking about. If, as I suspect, you're talking about the ones at Giza, and several other large stone pyramids which were built during the Old Kingdom, then no, they did not have wheeled vehicles. And no, contrary to the assertions of several here, who have gotten too much of their history from movies, the Old Kingdom Egyptians did not roll stones on logs. For one thing, there are few trees in Egypt, and of those even fewer would have been adequate for this task. Further, since the average stone in the Great Pyramid weighs 2.5 tons, any logs small enough to be man-handled into position to form a continuous rolling surface would have been quickly ground to dust.

Certainly by the time of the New Kingdom, when some of the more poorly-constructed pyramids were built, mostly of mud brick, the Egyptians had wheeled vehicles. It is during this time that the chariots mentioned by one respondent here would have appeared. This is the supposed period of the Exodus, when Pharaoh's charioteers were drowned in the Red Sea, blah, blah, blah.

At any rate, the Old Kingdom Egyptians are supposed to have used sledges, sort of like sleds, to drag the stones from the quarries and up ramps to their place in the pyramid.

Fucking lold at Joe|Dog his pics.

Back 2 topic, I have no idea how they did it. I guess some questions have to stay unawnsered.

Tango_Oscar

This interests me soo much :(

I think that in the future, us humans travel back in time, to help our ancestors along?

But whenever i think of time travel i think of the grandfather paradox, and it makes me think its impossible

This interests me soo much :(

I think that in the future, us humans travel back in time, to help our ancestors along?

But whenever i think of time travel i think of the grandfather paradox, and it makes me think its impossible

That's actually a theory brought up in some Docs.

Tango_Oscar

What if we sent some people back in time to teach us things, to hurry advancement along because we become invaded by ET life or the planet dies and we need to move planets.

So sending people back in time was a last minute attempt to try to save the human race? idk. Got loads of ideas about it all but doubt im right

Tango_Oscar

We'll never know... The Egyptians still won't let us into some parts of the pyramids. Bet there's answers in there

What you mean, theyre guarding it with there spears? lol

they got a big mirror to shine the sun in our eyes and put us off?

What if we sent some people back in time to teach us things, to hurry advancement along because we become invaded by ET life or the planet dies and we need to move planets.

So sending people back in time was a last minute attempt to try to save the human race? idk. Got loads of ideas about it all but doubt im right

I send out 1 million invitations to a party, all time travellors welcome.

Place: My house

Date: 4/08/11

Time: 02:42AM

Nobody's arrived. Proof you can never travel back in time.

Abbridged Stephen Hawking experiment.

We'll never know... The Egyptians still won't let us into some parts of the pyramids. Bet there's answers in there

What you mean, theyre guarding it with there spears? lol

they got a big mirror to shine the sun in our eyes and put us off?

Meaning they won't let us :( it's their country not ours :(

If aliens buIlt it why havent those aliens come back

Well, idk if the whole alien idea is right or not, but it is extremely entertaining to the imagination. To me, i'm more convinced about aliens than certain other things. We CANNOT be the ONLY fucking people in the universe, to say we are is so naive tbh.

But if they really did help us, it's because they've given us everything we needed to progress, but still check in unnoticed? idk...

Tango_Oscar

No its just proof nobody wants to come to your party?  :D

No its just proof nobody wants to come to your party?  :D

lulululeleee  :lol: