Basic Strength Standards

Smush

Basic Strength Standards in lbs for adult males.

Guidelines as follows:

Untrained - expected level of strength, not trained.

Novice - 3-9 months of regular training.

Intermediate - 2 years of regular training.

Advanced - multi year training experience with definitive goals in the higher levels.

Elite - Less than 1% of weight training population will EVER attain this level.

110729021421.png

110729021434.png

110729021443.png

Seeing as my bodyweight is closest to 165, I'm above intermediate in all 3 after about 4 months of regular lifting.

I'm close to hitting advanced deadlift.

Bench - 195

Squat - 300+

Deadlift 350+

What category do you fall in for your lifts and how long have you guys been lifting?

SOURCE: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/WLSTANDARDS.pdf

awkward cos my weight is right in the middle of two catagories lol, not sure on my maxes either im working up to a peak.

benched 242x8 couple days ago

deadlift  375x10 last week

squatted 264x10 2 days ago

Dan| High Rating

advanced bench, inter on squat / dead. ( need to work on my dead lifts :P)

weight?

177 (lbs)

I assume this was 1 rep max? or was I wrong lol.

Edit: in the last 3 months I took your advice steroids when I made a topic about maintaining my weight and you said to start bulking again after seeing my pic and i've put on 10-12 lbs (give or take) and have also been using creatine and have noticed a huge increase in strength.. especially for my chest. I think it's mainly because its not the football season any more so i'm doing less cardio and am not in a calorie deficit for the first time in a while. Also was cheeky and put myself in the 165 category even though im closer to 181 or whatever it is.

And I have been lifting for just over 2 years, although my first 6 months was this shitty full body workout stuff my club put together for me lol.

- Also smush, you're deadlifts are nice. I can't manage 350 :(

Thanks. I started deadlifting about a month or two ago and it is by far my favorite exercise. It feels so good to be lifting that heavy weight. And you cheeky bastard throwing yourself in 165. Yeah and this is 1 rep max.

advanced bench, inter on squat / dead. ( need to work on my dead lifts :P)

weight?

177 (lbs)

I assume this was 1 rep max? or was I wrong lol.

Edit: in the last 3 months I took your advice steroids when I made a topic about maintaining my weight and you said to start bulking again after seeing my pic and i've put on 10-12 lbs (give or take) and have also been using creatine and have noticed a huge increase in strength.. especially for my chest. I think it's mainly because its not the football season any more so i'm doing less cardio and am not in a calorie deficit for the first time in a while. Also was cheeky and put myself in the 165 category even though im closer to 181 or whatever it is.

And I have been lifting for just over 2 years, although my first 6 months was this shitty full body workout stuff my club put together for me lol.

- Also smush, you're deadlifts are nice. I can't manage 350 :(

you gained strength because you gained weight, not because u used creatine lol