FUCKING YES

TJ

1nc0mp4r4bl3

It's all fucking make-up. Nobody should give a damn if they are emo or not, as long as the music is good.

It sounds pretty good, not amazing though.

bleeeegggh..

is all I'm saying.

QUIT POSTING SO MUCH! I JUST STARE AT YOUR SIG FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES BEFORE I CAN SCROLL DOWN..

:blush:

That katy perry one bouncing up and down, gets me every time  :wub:

It's all fucking make-up. Nobody should give a damn if they are emo or not, as long as the music is good.

It sounds pretty good, not amazing though.

shittest band I've ever came across. MCR actually are emo...

1OnvOOykEh8

Let me guess... Hip hop is your lifestyle? lol

Anyways, everyone needs to get off my dick, i've seen them live, they are amazing. I like them you might not, but i do, if you don't then don't post. pretty simple.

Controversy and "emo" label

Singer-songwriter Gerard Way has previously stated that he strongly disagrees with the band's frequent classification of "emo", saying:

"Basically, it’s never been accurate to describe us. Emo bands were being booked while we were touring with Christian metal bands because no one would book us on tours. I think emo is F–ing garbage, it’s bulls–. I think there’s bands that unfortunately we get lumped in with that are considered emo and by default that starts to make us emo."[50]

Octavarium

Let me guess... Hip hop is your lifestyle? lol

LOL! I listen to hip hop sometimes but I thought everybody here knew my predominant music taste.

read this. http://www.foe-rs.com/forums/music/official-rock-metal-topic/ then listen to everything I've posted and ask me again about hip hop.

It is a rock/metal/punk topic so feel free to post some MCR there, MCR are not a topic worthy band.

Also triple post? you can edit posts to add multiple quotes you do realise?

Sam|Stop Lying

I can't believe a bunch of emos are arguing over whether a clearly emo band is emo or punk.  Seriously, all the same.

emos...

I can't believe a bunch of emos are arguing over whether a clearly emo band is emo or punk.  Seriously, all the same.

emos...

lol i posted for the enjoyment of others, yet everyone wants to bitch...

I'll post this again, keep in mind its HIS band, if he says it aint, the it aint.

Singer-songwriter Gerard Way has previously stated that he strongly disagrees with the band's frequent classification of "emo", saying:

"Basically, it’s never been accurate to describe us. Emo bands were being booked while we were touring with Christian metal bands because no one would book us on tours. I think emo is F–ing garbage, it’s bulls–. I think there’s bands that unfortunately we get lumped in with that are considered emo and by default that starts to make us emo."[50]

Sam|Stop Lying

emos...

I'll post this again, keep in mind its HIS band, if he says it aint, the it aint.

ily TJ.

emos still make me mad though

emos...

tj, coming from someone who's actually been in a few bands i can safely say the only reason Gerard said that is because no musician wants to be pigeon-holed into a genre, especially if that genre is shit.. i wouldn't classify ALL of their music as "emo" (remember i actually really like their old shit) i would classify it more as modern-hip-rock/pop.. its no where NEAR as emo as someone like Hawthorne Heights or Bayside, and its just about as "Punk" as Fall Out Boy. the reason everyone THINKS MCR is emoemoemoemoemo is well fuck, look at how they dress.. hahaha

Octavarium

emos...

it's okay, I like hip hop mostly.

ur avatar is so gay

coming from the guy with avatar of guy fucking a lampost?!?!?11/????/!!1111

joe's avvy give me a raging clue..

ur avatar is so gay

coming from the guy with avatar of guy fucking a lampost?!?!?11/????/!!1111

joe's avvy give me a raging clue..

Octavarium

I listened to MCR on the tv once, not my thing.. wouldn't class it as emo though.

I'd place it into Punk.

Why are so many bands classed as punk? Hardly anyof the newer punk bands are even punk.

MCR, as bad as they are, are too tuneful to be punk. The punk era came about towards the mid 80s just after the progressive rock era (the greatest era of music, we should note) when people recognised how successful "rock bands" had become that they decided to try themselves. Although they couldn't play! This idea of rebellion attracted people away from progressive rock and intothe punk genre, where if it's in tune... it's out of tune.

In my head it sounds as punk probably because I don't listen to that type of music.

I know my rock and shit though, but these songs go into 1 box for me.

Where would you place it in then?

Octavarium

Well it's difficult to place it really, they're on the poppy side of rock music but you can tell that there are some of those old "punk" influences.  It's post-punk, the same category as greenday, sum 41, blink 182 and all that other shit that sounds the exact same.

or more generalised, just rock. It isn't havy enough to be metal or commercial enough to be pop...