don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

REMAP YOUR KEYBOARD FOR F1 USERS [GUIDE]

Holly

Posted Image

* Before you start locking this thread and telling me that there's a section for this in the guide area, first of all no body will look at this guide there. Once this guide has seen some views, I don't mind you moving it by asking. *

In this guide I will show you how to remap your keyboard to where you can use the F1 Hotkey again and also avoid Jagex's new Hotkey settings.

Step 1. This requires a FREE application to be downloaded so go to 'randyrants.com'.

Posted Image

Step 2. Click on 'SharpKeys'.

Step 3. Once your browser had loaded click where it says 'SharpKeys 3.0'.

Posted Image

Step 4. Once you have clicked on 'SharpKeys 3.0', you then want to click on 'MS'.

Posted Image

Step 5. You then have to download the file. Once it's downloaded you want to open the file up and click 'Run'.

Step 6. Keep clicking 'Next' and save to where want. I recommend the Desktop.

* This program will now allow map normal keys to other keys of your preference. *

Step 7. Go to your desktop, this is what the program should look like. Then, click on the file.

Posted Image

Step 8. When you open the file, the file should look like this.

Posted Image

Step 9. What you want to do from here is go to 'Add' -> Scroll down until you see the 'F5' Key -> Then scroll down on the other side to 'F1' key.

Posted Image

Step 10. Click 'Ok' and then 'Write to Registry' and it's going to require to 'Reboot' or 'Just logout of the computer'. Now you have remapped your keyboard! Prepare to start pking with hotkeys!

* This will stay permanent until you decide to switch it back. In which what you do is simply go to delete and the keyboard will go back to its normal state. *

Enjoy and cheers. n_n  :victory:

Hmm the mod said it is against the rules to MAKE keybinds using some sort of scripting programme that assigns buttons to click somewhere on the screen, i don't think changing the keybinds would be against the rules, as as he said, they were put in the game by jagex so are there to be used, all you're doing is changing the buttons you press.

Basically what this does it change keys to other keys on your keyboard.

It's not a bot or a RuneScape hacking program to help you cheat on RuneScape.

Thank's Holly. I don't care if its technically against the rules, Jagex has no way of knowing I'm using it. Atleast I have F1 for spec again. :)

Can you also map F keys to regular numbers? like change 1's function to f1? cause my f keys are really small so i'd rather press the regular numbers tbh =]

was already used to the f5 but now i cant pk with my claws period... fml

now you can, and yeah i wouldnt mess with 3rd party things but it is a great find and guide mate.

my bindings are as follows:

"," = spec

"." = inv

"/" = magic

This way they're closer to the arrow keys so I can use both the arrow keys and my hotkeys. Thanks for the program. ;)

my bindings are as follows:

"," = spec

"." = inv

"/" = magic

This way they're closer to the arrow keys so I can use both the arrow keys and my hotkeys. Thanks for the program. ;)

Lol, Good idea! Just stole it from you.

No you can't get banned for this because it's not a program that allows/provides any advantage.

It justs changes a few keys around.