Food/Nutrition Help

Recking

So now is the time I have decided to be serious about losing weight and become lean and get definition through following a good diet, excercise and a suppliment.

The excercise/routine I will be doing:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/24-doug---s-5-day-high-definition-routine.html

Is this good for me seems as I am pretty new at excerise and weight lifting?

The supp:

http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/bpi-roxylean-eca---60-caps-4803-p.asp

Basically just like gives you alot of energy boost and makes you less hungry

The diet:

This is were I need help on tbh, it should be simple like just eat healthy food, veg, fruits etc but I just dont really know what meals and snacks I should be eating. I have heard like just eat 500 less calouries a day and just watch your calories but I really think im eating the wrong foods.

So basically would like a list of meals/food/snacks I should buy and when they should be consumed, bare in mind in live in england so like english foods only please :)

thanks guys

Oh and I dont really know what I weigh now or my height but will update and will provide pictures.

Dan| High Rating

ok well im no expert but this is what i would advise in terms of diet:

>Eat 5-7 meals a day - boosts your metabolism (more energy, more fat burn, less snacking)

>Low GI carbs (slow insulin release is good because insulin is a fat storing hormone) - [brown rice, sweet potatoes etc..)

>Up your protein intake even though you are trying to lose weight. I use a split of 40% carbs. 45% protein and 15% fat

>In terms of fats. try to cut out trans fats and saturates and have more omega - 3, mono and poly unsaturated fats. Don't completely cut fat out as you need it for hormone production / development.

>I'd advise not eating carbs after 9pm, it will just be turned into fat.

Excersize:

-Get a good 3/4/5 day split at the gym - whatever works for you. (makesure you work your back and legs!)

-If you want fitness then cardio is ok, from what i've heard try to get your heartrate to 65% of your max (this is aparently optimal for fat loss), from there when you get fitter and stronger look into HIIT (this is what i use)

As far as daily calories go work out your maintenence calories and then take 500 from that. Tht is how many calories you should be eating when cutting. Also if you want to try it, green tea can aid fat loss for some because of its thermogenic effects(sp?)

GL with your goals bro, hope i helped.

Workout notes:

•Cardio is low intensity for up to an hour twice per day; First thing in the morning before breakfast and evening time, at least 2 hrs before bedtime.

•Abdominals are performed after each training session

•30 Seconds rest between sets

These work-out notes are very important, to get the best out of this routine you must strictly follow them, and the amount of sets/reps performed.

aswell as the appettite surpressant, i would also advise that you take a low carb/calorie protein shake, and the obvious multy-vitamins. i went on this routine on one of my first cuts and it went well, on the last rep of each set try doing a long negative before you drop the weight.

as for diet the above post covered alot, just remember to stay way from saturated fats and carbs such a white bread and even white pasta. wholemeal everythin.

up to 60-70% of MHR for the cardio intensity if you can get yourself a heart rate monitor watch or something

that isnt high intensity, high intensity is around 80% of mhr...

and he wants to become lean anyway, not a body builder

70% is high intensity lol, even if you don't think it is, thats way too close to say you wont lose muscle from it.

you dont turn into the hulk from doing low intensity cardio.