Dumbbell Lifting

Env

So I've been reading around and from what I can see, it is possible to do squats, presses, and deadlifts with dumbbells. Obviously this isn't ideal, but it's all I've got here at home. I've got a pull up bar so I can do those too. Don't want to get a gym membership just yet because I don't think I'll be able to lift much weight at this point, so not only would that be embarrassing on my part, but I'm not sure it will help me much at this point. Also, I don't have a spotter so I figured it would be easier with dumbbells seeing as I don't need one. I've also heard that doing dumbbell bench pressing can be even more effective because each arm has to balance the dumbbells separately. So what do you guys think?

Acclaimed|Jordan

i pay 25 bucks for my gym membership a *month. I was a failing BITCH, I crushed myself with a 65lb bench press on my first 2 days. Stuff your shame down your pants and get that shit. I tried to do the same as u and piece together a small setup but it was 150 bucks down the drain. Put your shame behind you, everyone has to start somewhere, plug in earphones and do work.

Acclaimed|Jordan

But so many people that I know go to the local gym. :[

do you have any relatives that have a bench + weight set? that is how I started, I went to my uncles house for 3 weeks and learned form etc. got my basic strength ready..

IMO a bench is important.

dumbell bench is fine but dumbell squat/deadlift etc isn't ideal. get down the gym and stop being so paranoid.

Who cares what the people from your school think bro lol.  I know at least 20+ people from high school that use my gym and they're commonly coming in/out while I'm doing weights/cardio. They don't care what I'm doing, they're more interested in their own work out.  Only thing is high school ended two years ago for me so could be different I don't know.

STR8GAS10aG

dumbell bench ive heard is better because its more balanced gains

but you should go to the gym instead of home u'll get more done

Swallow your pride because it's now or never.

Go to the gym. The reason why most people don't actually do at home exercises is because it is convenient so they say I'll do it tomorrow, tomorrow turns to next week, next week turns to NEVER.

Who cares if you look like a scrub at the gym? As long as you're making gains it doesn't matter. While you're there you might make some friends who are willing to spot you and motivate you to be the best that you can be.

go the 'planet fitness' if theres one near you, it costs me 10 bucks a month for basic membership and its a "no judgement zone" lol.

But so many people that I know go to the local gym. :[

There are your spotters.

You got to start somewhere, no one cares how much you lift seriously. Everyone started with low weights, no reason to be embarrased.

Ok, so I guess I've got no choice but to get a gym membership...

How important is a spotter though really? I'd prefer to just do my own thing if you know what I mean

Acclaimed|Jordan

With a spotter I lift 25%more. I am also more motivated to get it in. I don't work out with a spotted anymore since I Dont know anyone at the gym but im doing fine

i go at night, pretty much the only one there. im weak as shit currently but im making my gains :)

Mike (0BR)

It will only make you look/feel 10x better when the people who see you transform see you actually do it. I used to me small in HS. I see my niggas now at the gym and they're like bro what happened to you? It feels amazing when you get those kinds of compliments.

As Jordan said, stuff it down your pants and fuck everyone else. Worry about what you're doing.