• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• TJ

• Marc|Criti

• G-Falo Son

Back on topic:

Not sure if this is mentioned, but the pH of pure water ( H2O) is exactly 7. This means it it the most neutral liquid around which could also mean it has no taste. When I experiment stuff for science, I can always put as much water as I want ( when checking pH, not when calculating concentrations obv ) as the pH is neutral and the liquid is and so it won't change anything in the experiment. This could have to do with the taste of it. It could also be cause water is used so much that we think it is tasteless.

On a side note, on the topic about colours the post of Octavarium, and his vid in general showed that language could change what you see. maybe it also changes what we drink, and if we would let a tribe drink water, assuming they don't know it, they would dislike it. Too bad this is unlikely to happen as water is the most common liquid on earth so every single person will have used it=[.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Got A Big Un

water itself has no taste the taste comes from whatevery you have eaten/drunk throughout the day and bacteria in your mouth.

I can taste water, so tell your fiance that she needs to drink it less often, so she can actually taste the tatste. :)

• 2 months later...

Back on topic:

Not sure if this is mentioned, but the pH of pure water ( H2O) is exactly 7. This means it it the most neutral liquid around which could also mean it has no taste. When I experiment stuff for science, I can always put as much water as I want ( when checking pH, not when calculating concentrations obv ) as the pH is neutral and the liquid is and so it won't change anything in the experiment. This could have to do with the taste of it. It could also be cause water is used so much that we think it is tasteless.

On a side note, on the topic about colours the post of Octavarium, and his vid in general showed that language could change what you see. maybe it also changes what we drink, and if we would let a tribe drink water, assuming they don't know it, they would dislike it. Too bad this is unlikely to happen as water is the most common liquid on earth so every single person will have used it=[.

I agree with you and nice thoughts there. But go in a store and buy different bottles of water. They all taste a little different and not because of gas, leave the gas out. Or atleast the taste after drinking is different..
  • 3 weeks later...

interesting. i think this is a common misconception with people, i think water does have a taste, but people mix up saying "water is tasteless" when they are really referring to water's lack of taste. It doesn't have much taste, but there is something there.

That's exactly my view
  • 3 months later...

Pure H20, aka distilled water, does not have any taste. Most water that is drank by people is enriched with various minerals and elements to produce a taste and to make it healthier for the consumer. City water in the USA is required to contain a specific amount of fluoride to keep everyone's teeth healthy :biggrin: . So the moral of the story is, pure water has no taste, typical drinking water does have taste.

• 7 months later...

Pure H20, aka distilled water, does not have any taste. Most water that is drank by people is enriched with various minerals and elements to produce a taste and to make it healthier for the consumer. City water in the USA is required to contain a specific amount of fluoride to keep everyone's teeth healthy . So the moral of the story is, pure water has no taste, typical drinking water does have taste.

In America, we have a TON of fluoride in our water which gives it a distinct taste.Fluoride is good though because it prevents cavities, whitens teeth etc, compare the US to a country like Britain and you'll see.