Getting "In Shape"

Sam|Stop Lying

Sam|Stop Lying

So pretty much, I've gotten tired of being a lazy piece of shit.  It's not that I'm fat, it's actually the exact opposite and I'm looking to gain weight.

I'm currently,

15 Years old

6 foot

132 lbs.

Looking to gain weight/muscle for football.

Other then to gain weight, I really want to gain upper body muscle, and get some ab workouts in.  I'm completely open for suggestions, helpful comments, and encouragement.

I have a bench press and a bunch of weights, other than that idk what to do,

how many reps?

how much weight?

how much should i BE ABLE to bench?

what should i be eating?

how much protein/carbs/fat?

pushups/situps/crunches?  What should I do for abs?

How many per day/how long?

Thanks for anyone who helps, will be posting pics/updates later along maybe...

Sam|Stop Lying

Get some meat on those bones. Maybe 3000 calories/day? EAT EAT EAT.

Btw, take that shit out of your avatar. It's just embarrassing.

Lulll,

and I get more than 3000 calories a day, my metabolism is just annoying and I'm really active, so I don't think just eating is enough.

Football requires A LOT of lower body strength. Look in the stickied topics for I Meleed I's starting strength. That will give you a good base. Aim for around 3000-4000 calories a day to put on some weight as well.

I used this SS when I started: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131379243

Answering your questions:

how many reps? Look at the SS details what to do

how much weight? ^

how much should i BE ABLE to bench? Everyone benches different base it on your own body, dont sacrifice form to try and show off

what should i be eating? Find out your daily calorie needs and then add an additional 500 calories for a surplus.

how much protein/carbs/fat? 45% carbs, 35% protein and 20% fats

pushups/situps/crunches?  What should I do for abs? Hanging Leg Raises and Planks

How many per day/how long? Follow the workout and once you are ready to move on follow a split routine (IMO)

Sam|Stop Lying

I used this SS when I started: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131379243

Answering your questions:

how many reps? Look at the SS details what to do

how much weight? ^

how much should i BE ABLE to bench? Everyone benches different base it on your own body, dont sacrifice form to try and show off

what should i be eating? Find out your daily calorie needs and then add an additional 500 calories for a surplus.

how much protein/carbs/fat? 45% carbs, 35% protein and 20% fats

pushups/situps/crunches?  What should I do for abs? Hanging Leg Raises and Planks

How many per day/how long? Follow the workout and once you are ready to move on follow a split routine (IMO)

Thanks bro, this is just what I needed.