Kickboxing

Satsot

So yea, I was asked if I wanted to go to a official fight but I was wondering, isn't 6'1.5 short to fight in heavyweight division? I mean, in The UK heavyweight guys are abnormal tall( I guess in The UK in general), like David Haye, Audley Harrison, Martin Rogan,(those are just 6'3-6'4 but there's many others lol), etc. Of course there are others but you see more tall guys than average guys in it...

I know Mike Tyson was 5'10 and did ok but meh.

i assume in kickboxing its less to do with height/reach than boxing.

^ My friend is #2 in my city right now, 5"9 and about your average 11 stone.. speed is everything in kick-boxing  ;)

Yes but in heavyweight, people are allowed to have whatever they want, aslong as they are 200lbs+ so I'm shorter and they would be able to put alot more weight and not suffer in terms of speed and I would, I guess. Your friend is like lightweight though, it doesn't affect him much because at 11stones, he won't find taller guys than 5''9.

I guess I'll have to try it and see how it goes :p I noticed mainly England fighters are tall, irish and stuff are around my height lol, damn black people(jks steroids).

Also, in my country we don't use feet, do people round up their heights? Lol sounds kinda silly to say I'm 6''1.5

Mike tyson didnt just do ok he was the best heavyweight boxer there ever was! and dont know much about it but there does seem to be alot of taller people doing it but 6.1 is still tall.

Mike tyson didnt just do ok he was the best heavyweight boxer there ever was! and dont know much about it but there does seem to be alot of taller people doing it but 6.1 is still tall.

Fairly sure 6'2 and a change Muhamed Ali was better?

there's no harm in trying... although there very well may be.

What's your reach? If it's the same as the taller guys then you shouldn't have too much of a problem...

if you're still struggling, jump.

nah lol mike tyson for sure, muhamed ali just dodged alot.. mike tyson will knock the shit outa u

Na Ali was the most overated boxer ever. joe frazier was betetr then him but got no credit because ali just insulted him.

if you got asked to go to an official fight then im guessing your instructor believes you are good enough. Im 5'9 72kg and i won a full contact kickboxing comp based on belt grades (purple to black) and i was fighting people 6'2, 6'3 and a good 20kg heavier than me so heights not really a major factor. Whats your reach like though?

if you got asked to go to an official fight then im guessing your instructor believes you are good enough. Im 5'9 72kg and i won a full contact kickboxing comp based on belt grades (purple to black) and i was fighting people 6'2, 6'3 and a good 20kg heavier than me so heights not really a major factor. Whats your reach like though?

194cms, about 6'5 and I have legs length of a guy who's about 6'6 or 6'7 can't remember. My torso is fairly short.