Excercises for Broader Shoulders/Wider Back

Beastdefire

Beastdefire

I was wondering what you guys recommend or do to get a wider back and broader shoulders. My arms are large enough to look good in a medium shirt but my shoulders could be a little broader to fill out the shirt better.

Thanks.

Pull ups.

Normal, closed grip, wide grip, reverse grip. Works different parts of your back, chest, and shoulders.

What env said ^  and barbell/yates rows - just make sure you know the proper technique before trying them out!

lats are what gives you the wide-back / V look.

wide grip pull-ups and lat-pulldowns are a sure way to get that look. research th proper form on both because 9/10 people do atleast 1 back exercise completely wrong.

My favorite shoulder workouts fall along the lines of military dumbell press.

Back favs are deadlifts, hyperextensions, lat pull, bent over rows, and I'm just starting to do wide grip pull ups as well for lats. Really good if you have a spotter too

make sure you are doing deadlifts.. even if its only for 135 lbs do it for reps. having a wider back is largely to do with bigger lats and deads are just an awesome lift for your back

for shoulders you can do the obvious shoulder press and also lateral raise, shoulder shrugs and like meleed said upright row :)

for shoulders you can do the obvious shoulder press and also lateral raise, shoulder shrugs and like meleed said upright row :)

I've heard that the shoulder press can often do more harm than good unless you have a very flexible back

I've heard that the shoulder press can often do more harm than good unless you have a very flexible back

you heard right.. this is mainly because usually people are trying to do to much weight.. always a bad idea when your rotary cuff is so involved in the workout