I heard a rumour

Lat

Probably won't be for a while, but damn, that would be epic.  It would be too confusing and not practical I fear.

theres been a lot of talk about it in several of the official rs forums "future section" and I can faithfully say, either jagex knows of the issues that will arise such as these;(or they will make it something stupid like a "title")

-friends lists and name changes:  I feel jagex will make a working solution, in order for friends to know who exactly they are talking to, if names are switched

-changing names rapidly: some people have voiced concerns over "instant name changes" which is basically the ability for you to change your name whenever you want. I highly doubt jagex will do this, and is aware of the problems this would cause, for Bounty Hunter, and PVP.(I highly doubt this will happen. my guess is you will have to pay an NPC(the makeover mage perhaps;makes sense... doesn't it?) a substantial amount of money, and it can only be done a few times.

The next three, are all basically part of one larger concern.

-Usernames being "freed" for use: example would be letting players use names that are permanantly banned, with no chance for appeal, or un-linked names(see next dash). Jagex probably knows of any players problems this might cause, in players eyes. such as if someone get's ahold of the name "durial321" or "Cursed you". personally I would like to see usernames be freed for use under certain conditions.

-unlinked names: I'm fairly certain this won't be a problem as well. I assume account's will retain there original names,and noone will be able to take them as they are in what I'd call a "holding bin",by this I mean, if  this idea of "freed names" becomes true, that noone else can take a character name, until it has been unlinked from the account completely.

-transfer of moderator powers, and faked mod identity: I assume that's an easy fix... just make the "account" the actual mod(since essentially thats what they did for the funorb community), as opposed to the name. although it doesn't really stop people from pretending they were at once a mod if they take the name.

Final_chaos

that would be awesome but in the same time more and more people will want to change thier name into the fallen rs players just lyk what joe said :P

so ye its not a wise decision for jagex to put that update =]

theres been a lot of talk about it in several of the official rs forums "future section" and I can faithfully say, either jagex knows of the issues that will arise such as these;(or they will make it something stupid like a "title")

-friends lists and name changes:  I feel jagex will make a working solution, in order for friends to know who exactly they are talking to, if names are switched

-changing names rapidly: some people have voiced concerns over "instant name changes" which is basically the ability for you to change your name whenever you want. I highly doubt jagex will do this, and is aware of the problems this would cause, for Bounty Hunter, and PVP.(I highly doubt this will happen. my guess is you will have to pay an NPC(the makeover mage perhaps;makes sense... doesn't it?) a substantial amount of money, and it can only be done a few times.

The next three, are all basically part of one larger concern.

Yeah your points make sense tbh. And i was thinking if they would let u make names with 3 letters such as "own" because i wanna change my name to "Lat" lol

-Usernames being "freed" for use: example would be letting players use names that are permanantly banned, with no chance for appeal, or un-linked names(see next dash). Jagex probably knows of any players problems this might cause, in players eyes. such as if someone get's ahold of the name "durial321" or "Cursed you". personally I would like to see usernames be freed for use under certain conditions.

-unlinked names: I'm fairly certain this won't be a problem as well. I assume account's will retain there original names,and noone will be able to take them as they are in what I'd call a "holding bin",by this I mean, if  this idea of "freed names" becomes true, that noone else can take a character name, until it has been unlinked from the account completely.

-transfer of moderator powers, and faked mod identity: I assume that's an easy fix... just make the "account" the actual mod(since essentially thats what they did for the funorb community), as opposed to the name. although it doesn't really stop people from pretending they were at once a mod if they take the name.

Yeah ur points make a lot of sense, and i really hope they let you have 3 letter names so i could change my name to "Lat"

Smited B O W

=O but they said "this year" so it may take a while but i hate my user so *crosses fingers* i hope it come's soon in the year =)

I'm not sure about this..

People can just say they are someone who they act aren't.. Thinking about Pm n stuff..

Broerie3

They'll probably make it cost RL money like Blizzard do for WoW name changes etc.

Lol they'll come out with like runescape points spawnd off of Microsoft points or some gay shit