[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Fat bastard in need of help.

gfdgfd

Hi, well, basically, last year I was doing boxing, I was an obese cunt when I started it, I was 5ft7 225lbs = 16 stone = 101kg. Extremely bad I know, well, 3 months after I started boxing I was down to 179lbs = 12 stone 11 = 81kg, a massive loss I think for such a short time, I was doing a protein only - no carbs whatsoever diet, and I was boxing for 2-3 hours, 4 nights a week. I stopped boxing when I got my new job because of time issues, since then i've gone back up to 196lbs = 14 stone 4 = 90kg. I am not happy with this at all. So i'm going to start from tomorrow to start getting back into shape. Now my questions are, starting off working out..

1. Would it be effective to use whey protein to lose fat/gain muscle? I want to gain muscle as I lose fat, not sure if it would be neccessary to use whey protein shakes starting off from where I am. If so, could you link me to where you buy your whey from? [uK sellers only please]

2. Is a protein diet a good diet to be having for my goals? Are there better diets? I know I shouldn't eat anything unhealthy obviously like fried stuff etc, is there anything I should avoid specifically? Like should I avoid carbs, should I only eat certain kinds of carbs? Etc.

3. Stupid question - how often/for how each time should I go to the gym per week? I realise this is a stupid question, and probably extremely obvious an answer, but I want to hear it from the pros.

4. What are the best exercises to target the chest?

5. Stretch marks - do they ever completely fade? i've heard cocoa butter, does this actually help?

Sorry for such a large amount of stupid questions, i've just gotten to a point which I should of gotten to fucking ages ago, i'm not comfortable with myself and I need to make a huge change. Thanks.

1. Would it be effective to use whey protein to lose fat/gain muscle? I want to gain muscle as I lose fat, not sure if it would be neccessary to use whey protein shakes starting off from where I am. If so, could you link me to where you buy your whey from? [uK sellers only please]

I think so. If you want to promote the growth of muscle, protein is needed. The shakes are only for when you can't get enough protein from actual food. They also contain some vitamins and such. Look for a powder with low calories. Most are like that.

2. Is a protein diet a good diet to be having for my goals? Are there better diets? I know I shouldn't eat anything unhealthy obviously like fried stuff etc, is there anything I should avoid specifically? Like should I avoid carbs, should I only eat certain kinds of carbs? Etc.

Steroids can answer this.

3. Stupid question - how often/for how each time should I go to the gym per week? I realise this is a stupid question, and probably extremely obvious an answer, but I want to hear it from the pros.

Make an effort to go atleast 3 times a week for about 1 hr - 1.5 hr sessions.

4. What are the best exercises to target the chest?

- flat/incline/decline dumbell press/bench press

- flys

- pushups

- dips

5. Stretch marks - do they ever completely fade? i've heard cocoa butter, does this actually help?

Sorry for such a large amount of stupid questions, i've just gotten to a point which I should of gotten to fucking ages ago, i'm not comfortable with myself and I need to make a huge change. Thanks.

Yes they can fade. I believe cocoa butter does work. Hit the tanning bed as a last resort I guess.

the one 0br diddnt answer -

a BALANCED diet is what would benefit you the most. apart from the obvious things to avoid theres also things such as white bread and large amounts of red meat. you do not want to avoid carbs, but its "complex carbs" that you sould be consuming the most of, e.g. wholemeal bread/pasta, brown rice, potatoes.

a balanced diet can include protein shakes (low carb and calorie). aslong as your actally doing a weght lifting routine and not just bodyweightt exercses/boxing. would become less beneficial if so.