[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Abs

Ollie

K so i was wondering what exercises to do for my abs. Atm i just do sit-ups the normal way - lying down, moving up to knees - but i was wondering if there are different ways i could do sit-ups to work different sections of my abs.

Also, i'm trying to bulk so would abs be worth doing or not? I still do them because i don't see the problem but i need your expert help ;)

Cheers

standard sit-ups are actually a complete myth cuz they train lower back lol.

do variations of crunches and hanging leg extentions etc. but tbh i wouldnt expect too much if your eating properly on your bulking routine. i rarely train abs anymore anyway because exercises such a squats, deadlifts and most bodyweight exercises train them just fine. train them when you begin to cut/tone tho. but yeh, bulk first. abs showing is all about your bodyfat % anyway, cardio is usually the key, not the actual core exercises.

pked fo sho1

It's not all about being able to see your abs. Do ab workouts even if you are "bulking". Stronger abs will help prevent back injuries, increase sports performance, and when you do have low enough body fat to see them, they will look better.

hanging leg raises are great, or try some variations of normal crunches like crunches with a medicine ball on a decline bench. There's ALOT of exercises you can do for your abs. But as steroids said most exercises like deadlifts and squats train your abs to.

But it's true that if you're trying to bulk up atm you won't see alot of changes on your abs since showing abs don't have alot to do with the amount of training of them but with the amount of bodyfat.

Diet and more ab exercises that base you off of using your legs as the weight on your abdominal core. You can get bigger biceps by just crunching them, you need weight to force it to get stronger,bigger.

Same things with using legs

Decline situps

Throwing medicine ball crunches

6 inches

planks

laying leg raises

Hanging leg raises

Etc

Abs are more diet than they are actual exercise. I stay away from crunches and sit ups in general.. those might have worked for people back in the day but I'd much rather spend my time doing hanging leg raises as above mentioned. Try and switch it up too, doing the same shit every week will only work for so long. The only time I'll mess with a sit up is on a decline bench.