[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Best workout for back?

TJ

When i used to work out, i rarely focused on my back muscles, needless to say i have a weak and pathetic back. So my question is whats the best way to focus a workout on your back. I have this door pull up thing that jess bought me, but i'm not sure if it's the best for back...

Bent over barbell rows are the best exercise for the back as they work everything (compound exercise) from traps, lats, lower back to your hamstrings. If you're unfamiliar with this exercise just youtube it. As Steroids said, there's no better work out for your lats than wide grip pull ups.

Bent over barbell rows are the best exercise for the back as they work everything (compound exercise) from traps, lats, lower back to your hamstrings. If you're unfamiliar with this exercise just youtube it. As Steroids said, there's no better work out for your lats than wide grip pull ups.

I know what they are, used to do them all the time :p

Good thing i have a wide grip pull up bar, it's actually amazing. Has like 6 different holds on it, and doesn't hurt my door; i recommend it.

in front pull downs with triangle

behind neck pull downs with curved bar

wide grip pull ups

chin ups

seated row

bent over rows

t-bar rows

deadlift

hyperextensions

Variety of what I do

I recommend pulls up as your 2nd workout for back, 1st should be a light and moderate warmup type then fucking go crazy on pulls

Feel the lats burn my nigga

It's not that you can't see your back by yourself that you shouldn't train it as much, strong back muscles are essential for keeping the body in shape and to prevent back pain at later ages.

Most things I do for back are: wide grip pull-ups , bent over rows, dumbell rows, latteral pulls with a variation of wide to narrow grips with palms facing inward our outward. , deadlifts for lower back and legs, and there's one more exercise for the lower back but i forgot what it's called but it's basically you lock your feet behind some bar and you bend over downwards and then you pull yourself up again, about the same motion as the deadlift but with bodyweight.

Bent over barbell rows are the best exercise for the back as they work everything (compound exercise) from traps, lats, lower back to your hamstrings. If you're unfamiliar with this exercise just youtube it.

bent over rows are a controversial exercise which a lot of people neglect doing because they think its doing as much damage as it is good. MAKE SURE you research the correct form on them and dont overload.

Lot of people are saying to do bent barbell rows but you need to go look it up prior to doing it. I would say that 3/5ths of people I see do them are butchering the exercise. I hear people say its an all around good movement for your back when its actually meant for the middle of your back and will also hit your lats and biceps slightly.(when done properly) If you are feeling it in your traps, chances are your standing way to upright.