[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Meal Plan

Tris

Trying to get back into shape for indoor/regular soccer again and further my fitness as I've had pretty much 4 months of doing nothing and putting on weight. I'm struggling with a meal plan and what to eat in between meals.  I'm living at home right now so my family aren't helping me with all the junk they bring home or make.

For the past week I've been trying to stick with a meal plan but it seems hard to keep up with it with the lack of 'healthy' food about  the house.  This is what I've been consuming for the past week with the occasional slip up of a biscuit or muffin.

Been drinking straight water with the exception of coffee in the morning/evening with skim milk and  one sugar.

Breakfast has been either muesli/oats with skim milk or wholemeal toast with vegemite/marmite.

Snacks have been fruit or non salted nuts or a bran muffin. 

Lunch has been either canned tuna or chicken breast slapped on a toasted sandwich with some lite low fat sauce such as chilli/mayo. 

Dinner has been a struggle as I usually eat what the family is gulping down, 3/4 of the time its been healthy such as rice/couscous with baked potatoes by themselves, no butter or salt, skins on and some greens as well as meat usually prime mince or chicken.  Other times its been store bought burritos or taco kits that I'm a bit wary of. 

My family has had fast food twice this week and I've resisted it, I've told them that I'm trying to get back into shape but I think I'm going to have to take it into my own hands and start cooking dinner myself so I can eliminate the excuse of blaming my family.  I'm hoping to move out as soon as the earthquake situation has solved itself.

Renewed my gym membership as well around a week ago and I've been doing a lot of cardio, around 35 minutes of a mixture of medium difficulty rowing/running/biking machines followed by a variety of leg press/leg machines for 15 minutes.  I'm not confident at all with weights or arm machines/bench press so I need some advice on that too.  I'm trying to take it easy right now and get back into it.  Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this stuff but I'm a total noob when it comes to the gym.

I'm 5'10-11 and I'm 90.6 kg or 199.32 lbs for you Americans.  I dunno on a sensible weight goal but I'm only interested in getting fit to last a whole footy game again, maybe take it further and hit up some abs over long term.

TLDR: I need a meal plan breakfast/lunch/dinner with snacks that has variety planned out Monday-Sunday that can cooperate with going to uni and work.  I'm planning on going to the gym 3-4 times a week at least depending on what shits going on.  Need to keep this up for a few months before indoor starts again and hopefully keep it up for good.

O and how often do you allow yourself to slack off from your meal plan and eat junk/fast food?

Ta mates.

Renewed my gym membership as well around a week ago and I've been doing a lot of cardio, around 35 minutes of a mixture of medium difficulty rowing/running/biking machines followed by a variety of leg press/leg machines for 15 minutes.  I'm not confident at all with weights or arm machines/bench press so I need some advice on that too.  I'm trying to take it easy right now and get back into it.  Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this stuff but I'm a total noob when it comes to the gym.

I'm 5'10-11 and I'm 90.6 kg or 199.32 lbs for you Americans.  I dunno on a sensible weight goal but I'm only interested in getting fit to last a whole footy game again, maybe take it further and hit up some abs over long term.

All you need to do here basically is cut (acquiring muscle and losing body fat), Steroids posted a very good cutting routine on these boards earlier, I'll try find a link for you.

Here ~ http://muscleandstrength.com/workouts/26-doug--s-6-day-cutting-routine.html

Make sure you're eating at a calorie deficit - nothing too great like 1500 a day. Ideal deficit is to try and eat around 2200 a day.

O and how often do you allow yourself to slack off from your meal plan and eat junk/fast food?

I think everyone is entitled to a cheat day, mine tends to be a night out a week or a takeaway if I don't go for a nightout.

Thanks mates.

@Moffit I'll try to follow the plan you linked but I haven't done 3/4 of that before so might take some time adjusting at the gym.  Did the shoulders/legs yesterday and woke up this morning to really stiff legs.

Spittles (Old School)

Thanks mates.

@Moffit I'll try to follow the plan you linked but I haven't done 3/4 of that before so might take some time adjusting at the gym.   Did the shoulders/legs yesterday and woke up this morning to really stiff legs.

It's difficult starting off again with the basics and not only that you usually do wake up sore or stiff so it might help taking glutamine which basically restores and enhances your body. [ http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glutamine2.htm ] More info on it. Take that after your workouts and it should help you when you start off again and eventually your body will be strong enough where you won't be sore everyday lol.

browse some of the above mentioned forums, ill explain some things tomorrow morning.. im pretty exhausted atm.. your diet is actually pretty damn good really all things considering.. and yeah eating what the family eats can be good and awful at the same time.