don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Common sense

Tom (Rendition)

Tom (Rendition)

So this is going to sound like a really stupid question to ask, but I actually don't know the answer....

Monday I went to the gym, I was a tiny bit stiff the following day

Tuesday I went to body combat, I was very stiff the day after that

Wednesday I went for a swim, I was still stiff on Thursday, but I doubt that is to do witht he swimming.

Thursday no exercise, I still felt stiff.

Today, I'm feeling a little bit stiff around the shoulders, lower back and biceps.  But I'm thinking maybe gym later.

If you are still feeling stiff from a previous work out, should you not go to the gym and wait until you are fully recovered?

When you train hard, you tear your muslces. The stiffness is the muscle repairing itself and making the muscle sttronger. Thats how you get bigger. I sugest missing today and training tomorrow (saturday) Try taking protein shakes after your session as they speed up recovery time.

are you warming up? when you start in the gym on a new muscle group always do 2-3 warmup sets on roughly half ur usual weight.

Tom (Rendition)

No.  I row to warm up and do a little bit of stretching, but then go straight into my normal weights.  Lol, half my normal weights would be ridiculious.....like 7kg curls...nice.

I'll try it.

Stretch before/after  = Doesn't have to be some 20 minute long thing just the keys elements. Especially where you feel it most.

Warm up a mill, a quick jog, jump rope. - All good ways to get blood flowing and the mind ready to GET BIG

No.  I row to warm up and do a little bit of stretching, but then go straight into my normal weights.  Lol, half my normal weights would be ridiculious.....like 7kg curls...nice.

doesn't matter, everyone does it. well all who know what they're doing.