don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Chest workout.

Dan| High Rating

A full chest workout that I do.

First, you want to get your power excersizes out of the way, that includes all bench work. Basic, Incline, and Decline.

1. Bench Press - Start light and rep out good reps of right to even lower angles.

- I do up to 10 sets.

-1st set is a rep out of a light weight. The olympic bar with 2 45lb weights on both side. (Sorry I'm american)

-2nd set, I add on 50 lbs, and do 8 reps

-3rd set, I add another 50lbs and do 6-8 reps of 225, depending if I want to do my max that night.

-4th, I add on another 50lbs, and try to do 3-5

-5th, I'll add on the last 50 or so, and try to do 1-3

Then you start taking weights off and go backwards, making it a 10 set power routine.

2. Decline and Incline bench, you do the same situation, but more like 4 sets, going up to whatever max you can do (3-5 sets)

3. Dumbell flys, you lay down and do wide flys on a bench. I try to stick with 60-65lbs in each dumbell, so I'm able to do a perfect "hug".

You want to do 3-4 sets of these, 8 reps for power.  Try light first, if it's easy, put up 12 reps, and decline in reps and add weight from there.

4. Standing flys with a machine (cables aka matrix machine), 4-5 sets, I go from 90lbs to each arm down to 140lbs, going from 14 reps at 90 to 6 at 120 to 4 at 140.  Note: I have grown so much in strength from these types of sets, a month ago I couldn't even do 120.

5. Chest press - 3-4 sets. 12 reps - 8  on the last set.  Nothing wrong with doing alittle presses.

6. Pushups - Rep it out, as many as you can do.  Pushups are so good for you in so many ways.

alright 1 last question: I usually do chest and tris and the same day as I was told chest warms up tris and its worth doin like that, but recently i've seen ppl saying to do chest completely separately from tris so you can get maximum reps because they're not tired... not sure who to believe :P

You need strong triceps for a good bench press, that's mainly why people say to work them on the same day.  You don't really have to, but it's just a standard. Most chest excersizes effect all of your arms.

You should mix another body part with your workout basically, because you don't have enough days in the week to cover them all.  If you do tris with your chest, make sure you get 4-5 decent excerizes out of it, AFTER you do chest.

Dan| High Rating

A full chest workout that I do.

First, you want to get your power excersizes out of the way, that includes all bench work. Basic, Incline, and Decline.

1. Bench Press - Start light and rep out good reps of right to even lower angles.

- I do up to 10 sets.

-1st set is a rep out of a light weight. The olympic bar with 2 45lb weights on both side. (Sorry I'm american)

-2nd set, I add on 50 lbs, and do 8 reps

-3rd set, I add another 50lbs and do 6-8 reps of 225, depending if I want to do my max that night.

-4th, I add on another 50lbs, and try to do 3-5

-5th, I'll add on the last 50 or so, and try to do 1-3

Then you start taking weights off and go backwards, making it a 10 set power routine.

2. Decline and Incline bench, you do the same situation, but more like 4 sets, going up to whatever max you can do (3-5 sets)

3. Dumbell flys, you lay down and do wide flys on a bench. I try to stick with 60-65lbs in each dumbell, so I'm able to do a perfect "hug".

You want to do 3-4 sets of these, 8 reps for power.  Try light first, if it's easy, put up 12 reps, and decline in reps and add weight from there.

4. Standing flys with a machine (cables aka matrix machine), 4-5 sets, I go from 90lbs to each arm down to 140lbs, going from 14 reps at 90 to 6 at 120 to 4 at 140.  Note: I have grown so much in strength from these types of sets, a month ago I couldn't even do 120.

5. Chest press - 3-4 sets. 12 reps - 8  on the last set.  Nothing wrong with doing alittle presses.

6. Pushups - Rep it out, as many as you can do.  Pushups are so good for you in so many ways.

alright 1 last question: I usually do chest and tris and the same day as I was told chest warms up tris and its worth doin like that, but recently i've seen ppl saying to do chest completely separately from tris so you can get maximum reps because they're not tired... not sure who to believe :P

You need strong triceps for a good bench press, that's mainly why people say to work them on the same day.  You don't really have to, but it's just a standard. Most chest excersizes effect all of your arms.

You should mix another body part with your workout basically, because you don't have enough days in the week to cover them all.  If you do tris with your chest, make sure you get 4-5 decent excerizes out of it, AFTER you do chest.

sweet thats what im doing atm :)

• 2 weeks later...

65 lb dumbell flys?

140lbs on each arm for cable cross overs?

I didn't know Ronnie was on these forums

Not that hard at my size, and experiance ;).  My buddy does 80lb dumbell chest flys :\

11 reps 55kg 1 rep 80kg i detect bullshit LoL

and as for me when i bench i only do flat bench i dont do incline or decline as i powerlift

Pounds not Kgs.

S 6 I 6 N 6

It's good to switch up routines every 6-8 weeks. Stick with the same thing for long you could begin to plateau. Your routine seems to be fine, always aim for failure when it comes to weight. Have a spotter and say you aim for 12, but know you can only get 10-11.. Have that spotter push you all the way to twelve buy make a point them that you have to work for that last rep or two.