don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

iTango answering Questions

Tango_Oscar

Tango_Oscar

Ask the question and i will reply as soon as i can :)

About me:

I'm shit at RS.

I have been training for 3.5 years, since i was 14. However at 14 i didn't lift heavy.

Im 5ft10 weigh 12st7. 9% BF.

When I'm Benching how should I vary in my lifts, I've heard:

you do 1 week 10-8-6

nother week 5-5-5

3rd week 8-6-4

4th week 3-3-3

Is this right?

Tango_Oscar

you do 1 week 10-8-6

nother week 5-5-5

3rd week 8-6-4

4th week 3-3-3

Is this right?

How long you been bodybuilding?

you do 1 week 10-8-6

nother week 5-5-5

3rd week 8-6-4

4th week 3-3-3

Is this right?

4-5 months

you do 1 week 10-8-6

nother week 5-5-5

3rd week 8-6-4

4th week 3-3-3

Is this right?

unless this is in a routine to break up a plateu or a "6 week mass builder" etc, then its very unusual and probably pointless

i actually have a question. have you read about the differences between lifting for strength muscle and lifting for muscle size? like how power lifters look smaller than bodybuilders, but are actually much stronger. if so how would you lift for size vs. strength

Tango_Oscar

you do 1 week 10-8-6

nother week 5-5-5

3rd week 8-6-4

4th week 3-3-3

Is this right?

4-5 months

As Chris said, unless you're stuck on a plateau, that isn't a good method of lifting, for benchin do 6-8-10-6, always worked for me (called pyramid sets

Tango_Oscar

i actually have a question. have you read about the differences between lifting for strength muscle and lifting for muscle size? like how power lifters look smaller than bodybuilders, but are actually much stronger. if so how would you lift for size vs. strength

When trying for strength you should usually do more explosive sets.

Either Size or Strength depends on 'rep timing' generally for muscle size you should have a rep timing of 2-1-2 which means for example on bicep curling, curl upwards for 2 seconds, hold for a second, then release to starting position (2 seconds)

i do like 3x10 or 3x8, should i do that pyramid thing instead?

Yeah definately, I do 15-12-10-8.

15 is too high reps and you ont gain much from them unless using them as a warm up, do pyramid like i said, not just decreasing reps as you increase weight.

When trying for strength you should usually do more explosive sets.

Either Size or Strength depends on 'rep timing' generally for muscle size you should have a rep timing of 2-1-2 which means for example on bicep curling, curl upwards for 2 seconds, hold for a second, then release to starting position (2 seconds)

i do like 3x10 or 3x8, should i do that pyramid thing instead?

Yeah definately, I do 15-12-10-8.

15 is too high reps and you ont gain much from them unless using them as a warm up, do pyramid like i said, not just decreasing reps as you increase weight.

15-12-10-8 is what my coach said so gonna stick to it.

Dan| High Rating

Ok bro I know you said its about body building but I find that sprinters and body builders have similar work outs, so I was going to ask for my squats shall I revert back to 2 rep squats using my max weight with slow and controlled reps(for X number of sets) or should I use faster more explosive reps (i was told this helps something to do with fast twitch muscle fibres?) if you could clear tht up it would b awesome: incase u needt o know for whatever reason im 16, 6 1" and 77kg. (currently sprint 100 in 11.33)

Tango_Oscar

Ok bro I know you said its about body building but I find that sprinters and body builders have similar work outs, so I was going to ask for my squats shall I revert back to 2 rep squats using my max weight with slow and controlled reps(for X number of sets) or should I use faster more explosive reps (i was told this helps something to do with fast twitch muscle fibres?) if you could clear tht up it would b awesome: incase u needt o know for whatever reason im 16, 6 1" and 77kg. (currently sprint 100 in 11.33)

Nice 100m time btw lol, and do explosive reps, squatting and lunges because the more power you have getting out the block, the better.

Dan| High Rating

Nice 100m time btw lol, and do explosive reps, squatting and lunges because the more power you have getting out the block, the better.

cheers, you're a lad. Going to nationals next yera hopefully :)