[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Protein

Kyle

First off, I'm not someone that struggles with weight, but I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds (6 ft 190)

My school has a Strength and Conditioning class that you can enroll in, where we basically have our own gym and work out for 45 min to a hour, (5 days a week) so I usually just go with that during the school year, and go to a public gym during the summer.  I'm kind of a newfag to lifting, I've only been lifting for about a year and a few months, and haven't really looked into stuff because I've been all steady progress but there's a topic I want some info on (excuse the life story)

PROTEIN!

Is it better to take it after every workout?

Does it matter that much if its a couple hours after the work out?

Should you take it even if you haven't worked out for a couple days?

Would it be a good meal replacement for breakfast?

How much is too much?

thx

Tango_Oscar

Is it better to take it after every workout? Your body needs a constant supply of protein, but after workout is good for recovery, before workout helps you stop catabolism although if you have a meal a few hours before hand you should be ok

Does it matter that much if its a couple hours after the work out?you have a 30minute window of opportunity from there your muscles start breaking down

Should you take it even if you haven't worked out for a couple days? very much so, you grow out of the gym, not in the gym

Would it be a good meal replacement for breakfast? Yeah, myprotein do a shake called 'total breakfast' its a good shake for in the morning, make sure you take something high in fibre (usually cereals). Also maximuscle cyclone you take in morning

How much is too much? If your on about protein? over 2grams per pound is a waste, however it depends on how you spread it out, since anything over 100 grams in a sitting will be wasted

Yes, but you should be having it all the time as tango said. A good rule of the thumb I use is try to consume as much protein a day as your body weighs in pounds. And shakes make this much easier to do.

Yes. Theres something commonly referred to as the golden hour, its very important to get some down you in this point. Preferably a shake immediately after and a decent bit of food later.

Once a day should be sufficient with a decent diet.

If you are in a rush and need to skip breakfast, then yes it would be. Other wise a decent meal would probably be a better option.

How much is too much?

Your body will tell you how much is too much.

thx

Yes, but you should be having it all the time as tango said. A good rule of the thumb I use is try to consume as much protein a day as your body weighs in pounds. And shakes make this much easier to do.

Yes. Theres something commonly referred to as the golden hour as tango also touched on, its very important to get some down you in this point. Preferably a shake immediately after and a decent bit of food later.

Once a day should be sufficient with a decent diet.

If you are in a rush and need to skip breakfast, then yes it would be. Other wise a decent meal would probably be a better option.

How much is too much?

Your body will tell you how much is too much.

thx

If your trying to lose weight, you really don't need protien. I would reccomend NO Shotgun or something to get you into the pump.

Well as I know you trying your hardest to burn as much fat as possible I would recommend you to take ON gold standard or anything along the lines of it's calories and amount of fat grams per serving. ON Gold Standard Double rich chocolate for Ex. has around 1.5 grams of fat per serving compared to 8-12 in others. A great will to help get that protein in you to help with the recovery and growth of muscle, but don't think protein shakes will get you ripped up or any of that bull shit.

I take one after I workout and before going to work or after. 2 a day is fine for me