Graphics Application Advice

Ikz

GFX Artist Applicant Advice

Ok well, lately I've seen a fair share of GFX Applications being posted, and I see people ask why they are being declined, and what they can do to become better.

-First and foremost, and probably the MOST important part of sigmaking is making your work original. Using other peoples' styles and then applying with them even though you may have enough experience with this method will be costly when applying.

It's great advice to experiment in Photoshop or whatever program you use, it's a fall down-get up sort of thing, if you fail you try something else until you find something you like.

-Second off, take GFX Artist and Overlord advice seriously! When we say look at DeviantART or another website for tutorials, brushes, stocks, etc, we mean it. Don't feel down because you have been declined and told to look on other websites, it isn't like we're telling you to abandon your current style and just go onto something different, you could easily keep the style you started with, just prune it, advance it, add on to it.

Finally, don't give up! I have seen people post applications and then never post there again, and the majority of all applicants do this. However, I do see some people who apply twice, even three times. I respect these people for trying their hardest to make the GFX Artist rank, and I think all people should do this.

In terms of the actual Application itself, try and add detail into it, don't just use one word answers, it doesn't make you sound too committed.

This is one I could use if I re-applied.

How have you found out about FOE originally?

-I joined FO in September 2005 on my account Il Il Il I

Why do you want "GFX Artist" rank on FOE boards

I want to be able to help people around the boards with their problems involving sigmaking and I want to be able to have a positive impact on criticizing signatures to my best ability.

Are you associated with any other clans/communities?

No, I visit forums of other clans such as Damage Incorporated [ex], Supreme Skillers and pure clans such as TLP and FI.

Do you check FOE forums on regular basis?

Yes, I try to be active every day and post a few times each of these days.

Are you willing to take part in SOTWs?

Yes, I feel it is necessary to commit to this as I can push myself to amaze the people that will be voting, and this is a motivation for me.

As you can see, the answers are not too detailed, and it gives us a bit of information about how dedicated you are to your rank.

I hope some people take this seriously and use it to their advantage.

Ikz~

PS: If there is anything needed changed, I give my full permission for moderators/overlords to edit anything, or give their own opinions. Thanks.

• 11 months later...
severed arow

final ownage elit 4 life

WTF are you posting anything like that here

completely off topic completely wrong sub board completely wrong board ....