New Project for school

FragD PK

Hey everyone! It's a magazine cover I did for a project in school.  - Ken Block's not really a car expert, he's a professional racer for Monster Energy :P. Anyways, the original car photo had a red car, and the background of it was just a wall, I cut out the wall and put a futuristic city so it looks nicer :) Tell me what you think!

CarMagSocialStudiesProject.png

It looks good for a magazine cover; however Like Adam said the gradient at the bottom is distracting

And usually, the "see page __" is around 1/3rd of the size of the thing being advertised

Also, I think the slogan at the top could have been better, like bringing you the best in car reviews-- is that all your magazine is covering? Car reviews? It should be something along the lines of "Automotive Experts" or some shit, I don't know. I also think the 3D text isn't necessary, but that's just me :p

Overall it's good though, depending on how your teacher/prof looks at it I think you'll get a decent mark (I had a gfx course sophmore year, I pasted a car over a C4D for an assignment in literally 30 seconds and got an 85 on it lol)

I love the layout, its simple, draws your eye arond the page well, nice typography. I'd recmmend maybe having less space down the bottom, or filling the bottom of the grey area with a darker grey similar to the road in the image. Also space the 3D text out a little bit, it seems kind of cramped, and you have the room to do it.

edit: try making the width of the text the same width as the car.

Looks good, I like the gray color scheme with the big red text standing out.  Only thing I'd do like others said would be to cut off the bottom gray gradient and move the bar code label up below the word "Audi".

GREY lessen it :\

I had to do this in one of my classes when i was in school as well.. your's looks splendid though, love it.

Nice man, looks cool :) I feel like there is too much grey space at the bottom though

Thanks, yeah I didn't know what else to add lol.

It looks good for a magazine cover; however Like Adam said the gradient at the bottom is distracting

And usually, the "see page __" is around 1/3rd of the size of the thing being advertised

Also, I think the slogan at the top could have been better, like bringing you the best in car reviews-- is that all your magazine is covering? Car reviews? It should be something along the lines of "Automotive Experts" or some shit, I don't know. I also think the 3D text isn't necessary, but that's just me :p

Overall it's good though, depending on how your teacher/prof looks at it I think you'll get a decent mark (I had a gfx course sophmore year, I pasted a car over a C4D for an assignment in literally 30 seconds and got an 85 on it lol)

Thanks man! Yeah now that I look at it, I could've done alot more, I really appreciate your criticism! :)

GREY lessen it :\

I had to do this in one of my classes when i was in school as well.. your's looks splendid though, love it.

Glad you love it!

I really like this(Gfx wise) ... Although I wish this was implying cars that help environment (Inb4 Your gay)

That doesn't make sense.

It's really late at my house but what I was trying to say is - I wish the cars in the magazine were advertising safer cars for the environment.

It's really late at my house but what I was trying to say is - I wish the cars in the magazine were advertising safer cars for the environment.

well, it's not really supposed to be specifically about cars that save the environment, the project was about how an advertisement/magazine cover can promote a product using statistics(i.e the quick review), and opinions from experts(hence Ken Block quote), i just chose to use a car lol.