Fog effect with Cs5

Ipk No Mercy

ok i wanted to make a banner for my pk team. i created two ahrims guys and a writing. now i want to make the feets of the ahrim guys in fog and a part of the writing too. can some1 tell me how i can do this or do it for me if im allowed to ask? pm me if you want to do for me and ill send you the supplies

Gareth l Rare

There are many ways to do this > in all the photoshops

1. Create a new layer and create a square box with say? 15 pixels feather so the edges will be curvy.

Colour it in black and white (half and half but smudge the colours around with any brush, doesnt matter what style just mess it up > hit filter and different clouds

click F5 like 2-4 times until you get something messy and then use line tool to go around it and make a wired cloud shape with a 15pixel feather yet again

Cut it out and post it over your ahrims characters and change settings> change levels and boom

OR

IF you want a true effect id do this.

Get a stock image of a sky  for example >

http://www.bergoiata.org/fe/bestw2/Sky%20-%20Fluffy%20Clouds.jpg

Then do same thing as i said before with the feathered edges and use line tool/ pen tool to create a selected area

copy and paste > change levels and make it black and white. Change opacity and settings to get the desired effect

Maybe do 2-3 different layers of clouds and you'll get a nice fog effect.

wow i tried about 2hrs only the fog :S thats my final result

5x8vaq0003.png

can some1 do better? this banner needs to be perfect cos we try to get into zybez and earn english members:D

pm me for ahrim guys and the writing

Gareth l Rare

Stock images are crap quality. Sorry but if you wana recruit through zybes your going to need something with the WOW factor

Iv designed a few banners and other bits and bobs for clans and trust me you need a gfx artist to do it if thats what you did in 2 hours. Not trying to crush you or anything im just being honest.

Clan advertisement is one of the main crucial elements to gaining members. Id advice you research other clan advertisements, evaluate good and bad elements and edit your own banner accordingly.

You can disregard this, flame me, do w.e you want

But ask anyone who knows a thing or two about this and they will tell you the same.

PS

originality is KEY

You can disregard this, flame me, do w.e you want

originality is KEY

how should i ?;)

yea that one was crap as i told you :D the quality of the ahrim guys got lost while stretching them.

im thinking about two things:

-making pixxelarts background like the foe one but not that good

-making a different banner

ok some more im thinking about asking some1 of the german gfx pros:D

well i tryed around a bit with the cloud render and got this:

tabanner0003.png

i think ill delete the blue thing around the sol

but i think then still anything is missed can you tell me what looks cool to add? idk i thought about trying a bit around with the brushes or create a pixxel art background where i got ideas but itl be impossible to create within the next1 month cos its so complicated...

Why don't u just ask someone here to make it? I understand if you're into GFX you'd want to make it yourself, but if it's for a team you'd be better off getting someone more experienced to make one.

Gareth l Rare

To busy with c/w and video editing atm to do any gfx

If i get free time ill dabble but wouldn't get your hopes up

post sizes you want it to be> wait for conns reply

When i made that requests thread i didn't intend for it to be only if you have 500 posts or member status. Go request a banner, if someone wants to make it they will, if not they won't. I doubt anyone who does GFX actually prioritizes members from guests.