[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Operation gain a six pack (again)

TJ

Tj, you don't need to go to a gym. Invest in Dumbells and a Curlbar/Barbell. And PM me when you do bro, I'll help you out. Either way give me a PM if you need any help.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steroids

• TJ

• SkidooosH

• Gareth l Rare

How about you just join a gym.

With the appopriate diet / routine you can get your desired 6 pack ALOT quicker than doing one of those stupid abb workouts at home. Many exercises such as squats, deadlifts etc, actually train your core aswell as the obvious other functions, many people get their abbs from just following a decent routine with no crunches etc. However I also do 1 day a week or core exercises, crunches etc. If you did this you'd see much faster improvements in all areas not just 1 small part of your body that no'one really sees.

Yes I give u serious replies when ur topic isn't a shit subject.

Gyms are fucking boring, are not worth the money imo.

Train your arms, train your abs ( a bit, I don't even want a 6 pack, more for a show off type tbh :/ ).

Then your done, why would you want that many muscles.

Look if your totally buffed, you might knock me out in one punch, but you still need the skills.

I have never ever ever been hit by someone who had big muscles, they all are obvious and slow :/.

I got hit by the pussies cuz they hit out of nowhere and then act like pussies rofl.

Edit: @ Tj, listen to P4 mate ;).

He got good training schedules and shit.

Like Steroids said keep with the complex carbs and whole wheat (make sure it doesnt say enriched wheat flour or anything that isnt only whole wheat).

Eat a snack between meals (Usually every 2-3 hours you need to be eating) to boost your metabolism and to supply muscles.

When you lift with deadlifts and squats keep your posture straight and tighten your core and you will get an ab excercise. As with abs I use:

First: Ab Video- I go to the gym and just lay down a mat and do those:

Second: Planks - Good for lower back and abs because you need to balance both of them

Third: Mountain Climbers and Alternating Bicycle

Fourth: Hanging Leg Raises and a crunching machine

I usually spend about 30 mins on abs/core seperate from arms and legs every other day because I need to maintain it strong for hockey and over time it came with abs. And make sure you do cardio to make your abs show (I do 200m slow jog 100m sprint a series of 10 times).

lots of broscience in this thread, Steroids has it right though. join a gym, what else are you going to spend money on? i can guarantee it isn't as good as a gym membership. if you can't get to a gym, buy a simple dumbbell set, you can do almost any upper body workout with a set of dumbbells and a bench. deadlifts are in my opinion the best way to train your abs if that's what you're looking for. also, if abs are your goal, remember they're made in the kitchen. the warm up jog before your workouts is great advice, sometimes i like to get on the treadmill and set it to max incline on a medium speed walk, this warms you up and works out your core

Dog, from my personal advice i'd run a cut before you bulk. no shame in it, currently i'm 6'3 210 cutting.

Bernie, don't be a myspace ripped kid. why not train your whole body, the best way to train your abs/arms is with compound lifts (bench/lat pull downs, deadlifts, squats etc. etc.)

gym is 1000% worth it

experts there that can show you in person what to do, all the equipment you need is there, easily worth the 30~ dollars a month if you go there 3-4 times a week

just have a consistent routine for a couple of months and you'll be ready for the Mr FOEBoards Awards

Dog, from my personal advice i'd run a cut before you bulk. no shame in it, currently i'm 6'3 210 cutting.

You should do the opposite. You always add bulk before you trim it. Otherwise, you lose the definition when adding bulk, and must start all over again.

You can do almost everything at home, as long as you are not a professional athlete or bodybuilder. I use a gym because I have free access to the one at my university, but I do not pay for one at home. Without a gym you mainly miss out on the powerlifts (bench, squats, and deadlift). When at home, I do a variety of weighted push ups with bars to replace bench, and plyos to replace squats. Obviously you will not get quite the same results, but they get the job done.

Like others have said, diet and cardio are a big part of any routine. Anyone who wants abs needs to do a variety of workouts to hit every area. I did P90x for a while last year because I had gotten out of shape my freshman year (freshman 15 is real lol). It's not bad, but you should move on when the workouts become too easy for you.

You should do the opposite. You always add bulk before you trim it. Otherwise, you lose the definition when adding bulk, and must start all over again.

You can do almost everything at home, as long as you are not a professional athlete or bodybuilder. I use a gym because I have free access to the one at my university, but I do not pay for one at home. Without a gym you mainly miss out on the powerlifts (bench, squats, and deadlift). When at home, I do a variety of weighted push ups with bars to replace bench, and plyos to replace squats. Obviously you will not get quite the same results, but they get the job done.

Like others have said, diet and cardio are a big part of any routine. Anyone who wants abs needs to do a variety of workouts to hit every area. I did P90x for a while last year because I had gotten out of shape my freshman year (freshman 15 is real lol). It's not bad, but you should move on when the workouts become too easy for you.

Yeah, fat turns straight to muscle quicker than having nothing, and currently, I am a fat bastard, lol.

How about you just join a gym.

With the appopriate diet / routine you can get your desired 6 pack ALOT quicker than doing one of those stupid abb workouts at home. Many exercises such as squats, deadlifts etc, actually train your core aswell as the obvious other functions, many people get their abbs from just following a decent routine with no crunches etc. However I also do 1 day a week or core exercises, crunches etc. If you did this you'd see much faster improvements in all areas not just 1 small part of your body that no'one really sees.

Yes I give u serious replies when ur topic isn't a shit subject.

Well said piggy.

this does not make sense. the best thing to do if you're a "fat bastard" is to cut down so you get ur size down and dont have to worry about skin stretching etc. you do understand that going on a "bulk" means eating in excess, so the body gains both fat and muscle, don't you? so why would adding more fat be good, no matter what muscle is gained. once you're down to a respectable range just run a clean bulk and you're set.

Yeah, fat turns straight to muscle quicker than having nothing, and currently, I am a fat bastard, lol.

I'm no expert but I do believe that, that is a myth and you cannot actually convert fat into muscle.

Bro this shit is truth lol, I bought P90x, started some of the routines, went to uni for my first year, stopped, came back home for the end of first semester and I've gained 8lbs :huh:

basically what steroids said

If you focusing on loosing the fat work on easy things as well like increasing your metabolism. Sometimes it's not even needed to burn fat, rather than get your abs to slow poke out.

Never focus just one area.

Legs = amazing

Testosterone = metabolism + Strength gains

Go for it

this does not make sense. the best thing to do if you're a "fat bastard" is to cut down so you get ur size down and dont have to worry about skin stretching etc. you do understand that going on a "bulk" means eating in excess, so the body gains both fat and muscle, don't you? so why would adding more fat be good, no matter what muscle is gained. once you're down to a respectable range just run a clean bulk and you're set.

If you are fat, then you already have the bulk.  Of course a fat person does not need to add bulk. I never recommended a fat person to add bulk first, so I'm not sure what you're on about.

When I said bulk up, I meant just gaining muscle.

Wake up - 30 min jog around a park or somewhere outside

Get home - Eat 3 raw steak fillets + 7 raw eggs

Ab workout - Do 500 sit ups in 8 minutes

1 month later - Perfect six pack everytime

u r an idiot

Gareth l Rare

u r an idiot

You of all people should no he's trolling

Now im going to watch new TopGear

IF you <3 me you'll help me with a diet/ work out plan.... 3 more days of junk food then im going fat free (no take aways/so on.._)

Everyone has abs under there somewhere, you just have no fat what so ever leaving you with little pebbles on your stomach from your 97lb body