[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

New Mass Ban | New Bot Detection System ::confirmed

Cursed Majic

"Incase some of you didn't know, over the weekend Jagex ran an IRL event called RuneFest. During the event those who went could ask questions to the developers of RS. Read below for the question and answer.

Quote from: Question

Why aren't you doing anything about bots?

Quote from: Andrew

We are doing things on bots, I mean the amount of time we spend on combating bots is horrible actually.

We spend an awful a lot of resource on it, it's a shame we waste so much time doing that.

We just launched a new detection system in the last couple of weeks which massively improves our ability to detect bots, it gives us all sorts of extra ways of ways to detect them. We were only able to detect them previously but now we're able to detect them with less sort of human actions if you like, which means we can work through them quicker. There's definitely going to be a mass-ban coming. This time it's going to hurt because people bot on their mains because of the trade restrictions. We've got countless ways of detecting them, that they're nowhere near or even close to undetectable.

Watch from: 07:46 onwards

"

Taken from the Mayhem Makers which you can find here: http://www.mm-rs.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=84788

The only thing they've done is used common sense...

They keep lying, lol.

They're checking to see of any quick mouse movements.

Good bots don't do that.

They're checking to see if they're 100% everytime.

Good bots are random.

They're checking to see if the mouse click goes in triangular, circular, or square shape. Around the *crosshair* of where it usually clicks.

Good bots do not do that.

= jagex fails

Big direct quote found on many bot sites, such as. Robotzindisguise, etc etc.

Gareth l Rare

Another failed attempt at scare tactics

Botting has been around since runescape classic and will never go away.

X amount of people can get banned, they will rebuild their accounts back up in 2months

Unpaid bots always hack. ( I tried them on baby pures, after a few days they all got like 8 def and gf banked.) Paid bots are expensive as hell, like 25$ for a single skill. Anyone knows a cheap bot that doesn't hack? I am poor and I wanna bot lol.

I would love to say gf bots, but I dont think it will ever be gf bots. jagex should not be wasting resource on bots instead making the game better. as the game evolves and "new detection" systems are designed the bots will find a way around them to the point of being totally undetectable.