Super HD PK Vids?

Beastdefire

Beastdefire

http://gizmodo.com/5583664/youtube-adds-support-for-high+quality-4k-videos

At 4096 x 3072 pixels, 4K videos are nearly four times the size of 1080p. Yes, that's huge. And yes, YouTube now supports such videos. It's a feature almost as awesome as the vuvuzela button.

This is how the size of these videos is explained on the YouTube blog:

To give some perspective on the size of 4K, the ideal screen size for a 4K video is 25 feet; IMAX movies are projected through two 2k resolution projectors.

[...]

Because 4K represents the highest quality of video available, there are a few limitations that you should be aware of. First off, video cameras that shoot in 4K aren't cheap, and projectors that show videos in 4K are typically the size of a small refrigerator. And, as we mentioned, watching these videos on YouTube will require super-fast broadband.

There are some videos right here that were shot with a 4K camera so that you can see just what you've got to look forward to.

It will only have purpose in special circumstances. Video shouldn't have higher resolution than the hardware can display. For most of you I would say you are at 1680 x 1050, so even 1080p would be partially wasted on  you.

watch me tb

It will only have purpose in special circumstances. Video shouldn't have higher resolution than the hardware can display. For most of you I would say you are at 1680 x 1050, so even 1080p would be partially wasted on  you.

lol, im not even that high of res.