Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Detroit or Penguins

Tap U Hard

Tap U Hard

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ok so this same match up happened last year in the finals, and Detroit won it 4-2, with Lindstrom © leading the wings against Pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin. So far, this year's Final's score is 1-0 Detroit with Detroit winning game one at home 3-1, and Osgood played tremendous in the net. I want your opions on who will win this time.  :Hi:

In the regular season...

Posted ImagePittsburgh was 45 W 28 L with 9 OT losses ranked 4th in Eastern Conference.
Posted ImageDetroit was 51 W 21 L with 10 OT losses ranked 2nd in Western Conference.

Discuss, and if you don't care about hockey, sorry for bringing it up :D

My Vote: Detroit - although i would love to see the Penguins win because they are becoming a great franchise with many young players, i believe Detroit's regular season standings and experienced players will boost them ahead. I'll probably still cheer for the Penguins while i reserve my actual theology for the Red Wings. Sooo.... GO PENGUINS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
It was good to see datsuk back for the red wings this game :) and osgood was incredable, so far all home games have been won by home teams! o.O
Game 6: June 9th at PIT

Detroit has now won the first game of the series in their last 9 series, so that's not even a surprise. I want the penguins to win it all, as detroit won last year, and are expected to win...Basically all the teams I care about whether it be like or dislike are all gone, so I'm just gonna watch and enjoy the game :)

Tap U Hard

Yeah i agree troo, I was hoping to see san jose and boston - the two top regular season standers for once, (I live in Texas but we all know the Stars don't stand a chance  :wub:). It will be a good series. And yeah haha, I heard about winning game one of their last 9 series as well, they really are on fire.

San Jose was the biggest failure of the playoffs, and Boston? Please, the whalercanes > boston. Also I'm from Connecticut, big rangers fan, but that was dissapointing too...

Out of the final 4 I wanted to see Chicago/Carolina, because I was born and raised in Chicago.

Oh well, lets go pens

Tap U Hard

Yeah my views quickly changed after the number ones failed, but thats what i hoped for that the beginning. And i agree Chicago Carolina would of been a great game. My dads Canadian and my moms from Michigan so we all get into it.

Going for Detroit. I've been a Detroit fan since I knew what hockey was, yet it's probably because I was born in Detroit. :D

It's sad, a lot of people who go for Detroit as their favourite team only go for them because they're a good team who won the cup last year.

Well, we'll see what happens in the next upcoming games. I'm hoping that Detroit will take the cup home for the 2nd time this year though :)

Tap U Hard

^ He should '-'

dude if he played hockey... omg...

sadly no black people allowed O.O

except Jarome Iginla and Trevor Daley =P

plus a few others.

Tap U Hard

all right game three has come to an end and Pittsburgh emerged the winner with 4 goals against detroits 2. So far each team has won their home games and Pittsburgh plays home again on the 4th. Malkin assisted all 4 of the penguins goals (no shocker) and he is becoming a major leader for the Penguins. Will the streak continue?

Tap U Hard

Gotta hope that Datsyuk will be back to play game 4 now.

Yeah he is becoming a very strong leader for Detroit and is an amazing stick handler. Penguins really need to win game 4 tho to be able to have a chance when they go back to Detroit :X. Crosby needs to start doing SOMETHING as well...

Jiblethead

detroit is far too solid a team for pitsburg to beat

pitsburg's offence has cooled off as well, and osgood is always clutch

Tap U Hard

yeah i agree Crosby is doing nothing and theres really no connective bond with the offense latley, but malkin sure has stepped up.

Tap U Hard

Detroit will win, they are the better team in this series. Detroit Represent.

Well they are going to have the home advantage that seems very influential so far goign into the next game, so we shall see if they can make headway then come back home for game 7 if penguins can take it when they are home. Detroit is beast i agree. awesome name too haha

Itz Tragic

eww, redwings destroyed the penguins in game 5, but i hope penguins win, i live 40 minutes away from pittsburgh, everyone is psyched